ASRA at RA which class to enter?

Started by gntbldr, June 12, 2008, 12:10:26 AM

gntbldr

I've not run an ASRA event yet besides the Solo Challenge at Topeka and I would like to run one of the classes at RA this fourth of July weekend but am not sure which one to run for fun.

I have an 05 600rr with stock motor, full arrow, pc3usb, and modified stock suspension. I normally run slicks but can get my hands on some DOT's if needed.

Scotty Ryan

With the bike set up the way you have it - You could run either Factory Pro Sportbike or Superbike... The Sportbike race is going to be longer lap wise - prolly 12 laps at Road A if I remember correctly... Where the Superbike race is 8 laps long I believe..... The Sportbike class has a HP limit of 105 on the Factory Dyno(add roughly 15% for a DynoJet figure - about 120.75Hp) and also a weight limit of 350lb - DOT tires are required as well......The Superbike class allows Slick tires - No HP restrictions but a minimum weight of 330LBS....

I say run em both - Why not????

It's good experience - Plus you will get to qualify for your grid position - Something that takes practice and is a learned art......

Also there is a payout for each class - Sportbike pays back further and more money - But both are a nice way to help offset the weekends cost's....

Hope this helps
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

gntbldr

Thank you. Yes, that information helps out tremendously.  You've got a good point with running both classes.

Another question I have is if it is $100 per class at the gate as it is in the pre-entry?

Scotty Ryan

$100 pre entry - $125 Post at track.... Pre entry deadline is June 20th

gntbldr

Super Dave

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Louie, how's Bubbles the blue neutered bull?
Super Dave

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: C Sagan on June 12, 2008, 07:26:48 PM
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Louie, how's Bubbles the blue neutered bull?

We need to get a pic of the real deal this weekend.....