Results from crash at BHF

Started by gsxr2cool, June 09, 2008, 05:26:15 PM

gsxr2cool

As some of you know I went down in turn 7 in HW AM race  (1) Sunday. I was coming around 7 just about off the brakes, was in the bumpy patch area of the turn. The front tire locked up then grabbed again went to some tank slapping which threw me off the bike. I went over the front of the bike breaking the windscreen. Somehow while I was rolling I rolled toward the inside of the track and got hit by another bike. Luckily he didn't go down and didn't tear up his bike. I did go to the hospital and found that my ankle had broken in three spots, both sides and in the back. So unfortunately I cant do anything including work for at least 6 weeks probably longer :(. Other than that my left hand has a little bruising too and that's it. No other scratches and bruises. Comes with the territory.

LilJayRR

At least you are ok other wise!!

Heal up quick!
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Super Dave

Super Dave

monica_ranis53

hey greg its mike, the guy who ran over you.  sorry to hear about your injury.  I am finding myself in these bad situations, but hopefully next weekend I will be in a better luck phase.  I swear I HAD NOWHERE TO GO, you went down right in front of me.  As we were coming to the apex I had thought you were going to roll to the outside.  But somehow you stopped..... right where i was aimed.  I thought the impact was pretty severe but thankfully it was just my fender and not your head that broke.  I think if something happened to another person my fault or not I would seriously rethink this whole thing.  Sorry to hear that you have an injury, but I hope you heal up fast, and I hope to see you soon.  God bless, Greg :thumb:

RCR_531

Glad to hear that you are doing ok for being hit by a bike. There was three more of us that came through that turn at the same time. It was good to see off to the side of track then I came around the next time
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

R1Racer99

Quote from: monica_ranis53 on June 11, 2008, 08:07:57 PM
hey greg its mike, the guy who ran over you.  sorry to hear about your injury.  I am finding myself in these bad situations, but hopefully next weekend I will be in a better luck phase.  I swear I HAD NOWHERE TO GO, you went down right in front of me.  As we were coming to the apex I had thought you were going to roll to the outside.  But somehow you stopped..... right where i was aimed.  I thought the impact was pretty severe but thankfully it was just my fender and not your head that broke.  I think if something happened to another person my fault or not I would seriously rethink this whole thing.  Sorry to hear that you have an injury, but I hope you heal up fast, and I hope to see you soon.  God bless, Greg :thumb:

Damn dude, you're having some bad luck. Did you target fixate or it just happened too fast to avoid him?

RCR_531

From my point of veiw the guy tumbled right in front of him.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

monica_ranis53

Yeah pretty much right in front of me, as I was coming into to the kink we were like 3 or 4 bike lengths apart then by the time i hit the turn in point i was right behind him.  I actually started to slow down(off of the pace) awhile before he was on the ground cause it took awhile for him to fall off.  I pointed tight to the inside but it seemed like he had adhesive all over his leather suit cause as soon as he hit the ground he stuck.  I was banking on him sliding out towards the outside,  and the other side of him was his bike so............ I was screwed.  When I talked to Greg in the med center during the race(cause I pulled off to fix my bike, I didn't know that I couldn't come back out)he said that me hitting him didn't injure him, but he still got hurt so that sux.  As soon as that happened I thought oh crap I just put somebody in the hospital...........again.

R1Racer99

What's your number so I know to stay away from you?  :biggrin: Good to hear he's okay though, that would really suck to hurt someone even if it wasn't your fault.