New Florida Race Track

Started by Toves33, June 04, 2008, 06:17:19 PM

Toves33

Do any of you have any insight on this new track?

http://www.gorally.com/erssite/

Ducmarc

it's in starke which is where the state pen is north west of gainesville. keep hearing about a go cart track around there but never knew where it was  best i could tell the track looks a little funky and their website stinks. i try to  call them in the morning and hear the proverbial hell no to real bikes. if their receptive might take a ride up there since it's about an hour away

stickboy274

SEMRA has been racing minis at Starke for a while.
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

chaplain220

Got kinda excited about this since I'll be moving to Daytona Beach in another month...so I called em to get the scoop.  The main track was just paved, Two miles long, and the grand opening is set for July 19th.  The lady with the cool european accent said that yes, big bikes will be allowed on the main track, cages will be allowed to run as well, but in the opposite direction.  She advised they are looking to add another mile in the near future.  Thanks for the heads up.

Russell2566

Very cool, thanks for the investigating....

Ducmarc

are you retiring chaplin or are you joining daytonas finest. i live fortyfive min. away 

tug296

I spoke with the managing partner of First Coast Racing the other day, Josh Hasty.
I asked him  questions about what's going on with the proposed race track now.

He said almost everything was in place with most of the investors, $60 million for the 600 acre site.  4 mile road course and drag strip etc.
The County Planners were on board and things were moving along etc.
Then the housing -low interest- loan boomer came along and scared most investors to the sidelines.

He said things are not dead, they still have everything in place just have to wait out this economic slow down period, just like us in the Dry Cleaning and Tug Boat business.  Our Cleaners is down a full 30% since 2006.
  The website has not updated in a while, but still standing by.
I told him I'd post this up here.

http/:www.firstcoastracing.com 

If this this facility ever gets going, it will be big for this region, the  Jax Speedway drag strip and half mile dirt track have closed, Gainsville is now the closest drag strip, and Brunswick Ga. for the car guys.

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

tug296

Missed a slash -
http//:www.firstcoastracing.com

Florida Region,  

chaplain220

Ducmarc, its crazy, but Im going to be a full-time missionary, working the streets using the bikes to reach bros from tough backgrounds, and will continue racing with CCS and serving as chaplain.  Daytona seems to be the right place to make an impact on the east coast.  You got to link up and show me the hangouts.

Ducmarc

i hope it works out they really need help  for some reason daytona and volusia county for that matter has an extremely large homeless and transient population and there seems to be a big disparity between rich and poor west palm beach is another one. I know there was even talk of building  a large homeless shelter type camp out near the municipal stadium which is also near where the prison is . email me if you need and logistcal help   marc

tug296

Chaplain, you'll be close enough to Jax to make the rounds up here as well, lots of need for that everywhere I guess, that's good  and necessary work.
Florida Region,