Anyone Boycotting French products?

Started by duc995@aol.com, March 12, 2003, 06:48:41 AM

dryheat

Robert:
I totally agree. If Dale came to the races this weekend and said, "In support of the US, I'm no longer selling Michelins, I'm selling Dunlops." I'd say "Mount 'em up!"

sdiver68

Michelin was a consideration...no more!

BTW, how many French does it take to defend Paris?
Don't know, it's never been done!

Ever seen a French Tank?  Only has 1 gear, Reverse!

Another reason to hate the French, they sold us the worst machine gun ever during WW1.

I can skip French wines and eat Wisconsin Cheeses...other than that I'm not exactly missing much by not buying French products!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Kevin_Norris

Bernie

TZDeSioux

Quote    Such a tough call to make, especially after so many Americans wanted someones head on a plate for not having preventatively stopped 9-11 before it ever happened. Now we have the opportunity to act before another catastrophy of even greater magnitude happens to the U.S., terrible things such as a biological, chemical, or nuclear attack on us. These are all weapons of mass destruction that Iraq either has or is seeking to obtain, all of which are at the disposal of a loose cannon of a leader that has decieved the world before and is doing it again. How many lies have already been uncovered and how many do people need to see? The intent of these weapons is not for defense, but for offense. I can only assume that those people that are against preventative action would much rather have one of the previously mentioned weapons used against us before reacting against an aggressor?
     We have reached a point in history where one person can kill millions thru their own personal action. Never before in all of history (prior to the 20th century) has any one individual had so much destructive capability. In this type of situation you don't get any real warning or a second chance, just sudden mass destruction out of the blue.
     Mabey 9-11 didn't give enough of an exclamation point to the intent of individuals wishing to harm the U.S.? Mabey those that oppose Bush's actions would rather let us be attacked again before doing anything about it, but next time will probably kill millions instead of thousands and quite possibly render parts of the U.S. unihabitable for centuries to come.
     If Iraq has nothing to hide, do you think they would oppose a U.N. coallition of 1000's to search their country for weapons? I bet they would never allow that to happen even if completely controlled by the U.N.
     As far as the deal with France goes, I think that if they want us to fend for ourselves that this is a two way street and I suppose they can fend for themselves in the future, militarily and finacially.
     I would love to hear a reasonable explanation as to what is enough of a violation and what isn't? If your caught stealing the court isn't as concerned with what you stole as it is with if your guilty or not. We have already seen violations, what else do we need?

There is no reasonable explanation as to what is enough. These flower picking liberal morons will always find reasons to protest. That's what they do... protest everything and anything. Remember... McDonalds is the reason people are fat in this country. Only in this country do you hold others responsible for your actions. The same people that oppose the U.S taking action against IRAQ are the same idiots who spit and cursed at the Vietnam vets. They seem to think that sitting down with Saddam and talking it out will resolve the issues we have. They will also have you believe that the primary reason for the military action is oil when in fact less than 7% of our oil comes from there. These same people would have been against the U.S going to war against Hitler and the boys during WWII. Hell if we listened to them then... maybe there would be no France.. but we'd all be speaking deutsch instead of English. Sorry about the babbling... I'm just annoyed.  >:(

sdiver68

Kevin, was that a serious question?  :o

BTW, the real reason the French are against the war has nothing to do with any moral position...they are tied into Iraq'a economy like stink on, well, you know.

In fact, the French have been selling and shipping  weapons systems and parts to Iraq even in the past few weeks.  >:(  The Germans, as well, will be embarrased as hell when the US starts going through all the Iraqi documentation that proves German engineering expertise in almost everything Iraw has built.

I wouldn't be surprised if we "accidently" took out the French embassy...as happened in Libya and to the chinese in Belgrade lol

Boycott seems fair, our Michelin guy sells Pirelli as well.
MCRA Race School Instructor

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteAre Ducati's French ?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh...are Harley's German?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteUhhhhhhhhhhh...are Harley's German?

I heard that Harley uses or used in the past German electronics on there bikes!?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

r6_philly

Maybe I am being too serious on the subject, but why are the French cowards just because they don't support our resolution for war?

Is it that when someone doesn't agree with the US they are automatically cowards? Last Time I checked each nation is still its own, and their people have their own wills and no one's opinion is more right than the others.

If the US go ahead with a war without the support of the US, then the US is defeating the purpose of the UN, which the US helped to establish. We are but 1 nation of the world, if we can go against the will of the nations (UN) and act alone, then we should be sanctioned, aloneside Iraq.

Iraq is be said to be evil and needed to be taught a lesson, because they are not following UN resolutions and therefore against will of the nations. So that would put the US in the same boat if we go ahead with a war. Unless, of course, we all believe we are the USA and we can do no wrong. The world is wrong for not supporting us...

Dare I say it, it is the above mentioned attitute and more that makes the rest of the world NOT like Americans. If you ever travel abroad as much as I do and get to know both side of the story quite well, then you will realize American foreign policy is a joke, and much of the problems today could be avoided if we had taken a different approach to things. Our government I should say.

French people don't suck, they just happen to see a different picture than our leader does. And as a country of democracy and free will, that is what they believe in, and that counts just as much as our country's opinions.

Thats why they were granted a vote in the security council with veto power. So no nation's will can be stronger than others, to keep a balance in the world.

I suppose we all, from our leaders down to many of Americans, don't care about that, really.

TZDeSioux

the French aren't cowards because they're opposed to our resolution but because of what history tells us.

Super Dave

QuoteIf the US go ahead with a war without the support of the US, then the US is defeating the purpose of the UN, which the US helped to establish. We are but 1 nation of the world, if we can go against the will of the nations (UN) and act alone, then we should be sanctioned, aloneside Iraq.

Iraq is be said to be evil and needed to be taught a lesson, because they are not following UN resolutions and therefore against will of the nations. So that would put the US in the same boat if we go ahead with a war. Unless, of course, we all believe we are the USA and we can do no wrong. The world is wrong for not supporting us...

Dare I say it, it is the above mentioned attitute and more that makes the rest of the world NOT like Americans. If you ever travel abroad as much as I do and get to know both side of the story quite well, then you will realize American foreign policy is a joke, and much of the problems today could be avoided if we had taken a different approach to things. Our government I should say.

WWI...WWII...  Could they have been stopped?  Nazi Germany was under sanctions from the first World War.  No one supported Wilson's League of Nations.  Regardless, Nazi Germany built it's military.  

History does have a way of repeating itself.  

The United States had always kept to itself...isolationist.  That time passed after we bailed everyone out of the Second World War.  It was the United States that supported the Allies, and it was the United States that forgave those debts.  Debts that were paid with American lives, American tax payer money, and American work.

The UN has a job, but it is pretty much ineffective.  Were it not for again for our economic might, which benefits from peace, the UN wouldn't have the ability to do a whole lot, now would it?

As for "Europeans" disliking us...  I defer to our support above.  No good deed goes unpunished...right?  

Indeed, it would be good to have UN approval.  Most of the countries that are blocking us have billions of dollars at stake with Saddam...Russia, Germany, and France.  What moral ground do they stand on?  On the side of a butcher?  I call that one like I see it, and I guess I'd like to see anyone show me otherwise...

So, the United States is "bad" because we are going to go in and smash up the stuff that wasn't supposed to be there.  The UN told him to stop twelve years ago, then he kicked out the UN.  Iraq gives us a list of what they have, but more stuff that wasn't on there keeps showing up.  Wow, isn't that a revelation!  How do I put that for practice and suspension...doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity...  It's pretty obvious what Saddam wants.  He isn't going to give it up.

Freedom is not free.  Which one of our wars do we need to use to show that?  Although it is horrible, combat might be necessary to maintain peace.  I believe that this is the case.  

Will the Iraqi army fight?  Some might.  Most probably won't.  

Is the world wrong for not supporting us?  

We have spent twelve years trying to do this diplomatically.  We have been attacked.  Another attack could happen.  Saddam has not complied.  Yes, we cannot tie bin Laden directly to Saddam, but there is a relationship between their organizations.  It's a breeding ground and training center harbored in Iraq.  Anyone disagree?  

Any former military people here as afraid of biological and chemical weapons?  Hey, Saddam used them on people in his country!  

I don't see any high moral ground that someone can take by NOT supporting action.  Should we wait longer?  I think that we've waited long enough.  Another week or month will not show any dramatic change in twenty years of Iraq's history.

And for that, I believe that the people and countries that turn their heads away from the killing, murdering, torture, and oppression should be turned back to their homes to sit in shame for what they have done.  By not stopping it, they only support it.

To do nothing is cowardice...

To take action is heroic...  

Doing the morally correct thing is never easy.  And I think this is not easy.  

However, it is easy to be like some of the other nations in the world.
Super Dave

mj

QuoteMaybe I am being too serious on the subject, but why are the French cowards just because they don't support our resolution for war?

Is it that when someone doesn't agree with the US they are automatically cowards? Last Time I checked each nation is still its own, and their people have their own wills and no one's opinion is more right than the others.

If the US go ahead with a war without the support of the US, then the US is defeating the purpose of the UN, which the US helped to establish. We are but 1 nation of the world, if we can go against the will of the nations (UN) and act alone, then we should be sanctioned, aloneside Iraq.

French people don't suck, they just happen to see a different picture than our leader does. And as a country of democracy and free will, that is what they believe in, and that counts just as much as our country's opinions.

Thats why they were granted a vote in the security council with veto power. So no nation's will can be stronger than others, to keep a balance in the world.

I suppose we all, from our leaders down to many of Americans, don't care about that, really.

r6-philly....very insightful and well written

i wish that i could have said it as eloquently