Racetech G2-R Gold Valve Kit???

Started by gixxerlvr, May 28, 2008, 09:06:28 AM

gixxerlvr

Bike: 2007 GSXR-750

I need my front end reworked, cause I am bottoming out and get alot of shake trying to brake hard.  Does anyone have any info on the kit mentioned in the subject line.  What feedback do you all have for those who have used it.

cardzilla

While I have no specific info on THAT gold valve, Racetech in general puts out a good product that, in my experience, works best on square type bumps and stutter bumps. Before I had Ohlins forks I used k-tech valving on most tracks, but I always went fastest on racetech when the track was very bumpy (old Roebling for ex.) More importantly, unless you are 250 lbs you shouldn't be bottoming out that front end and having the problems you describe.  I would take a look at the front end for problems very closely so that you can fix everything while you have them apart.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

JBraun

Nothing wrong with the racetech stuff, but it's a pain to work with if you're not familiar with assembly and dissasembly of your fork internals. It might be better to just have them done by a reputable shop.
With the age of drop-in cartridge kits, a lot of people forget that re-valving your stock cartridges is still an affordable option. We have installed a lot of the GP suspension kits with great results. www.lithiummotorsports.com
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI