News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

First time racer

Started by Fast Cletus, May 21, 2008, 05:44:17 AM

Fast Cletus

Hello to all. Glad I found this site, finally a place where I can ask questions and get answers to racing questions
I am participating in my first race this weekend at Homestead in the Ultra lights class.  My goal is just to finish in one piece, and all in tact.

My question for the day is, is there someone out there racing this weekend that would like a pit pal.  I hate going to the track solo, and was just wondering if someone would like to share a pit with me, and or let me join them in their pit.  I live in Hollywood FL, and will be heading to practice Sunday and racing monday.  Feel Free to reach out to me via email or just reply to the post.
Thanks and look forward to meeting some of you in the years to come
JC aka Fast Cletus
CCS Racer #552
2001 Ducati Monster 600 & 2001 Ducati Supersport 900

vnvbandit

I can't go this time but, you might want to repost on the Jennings GP site http://www.jenningsgp.com/forums/ as allot of Florida racers hang out there. Have FUN! :thumb:
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

alpha-BAT

good luck noob!... have you had any luck finding a pitpal?... this is my first race too (in it to finish), and I completely understand not wanting to go it alone... some folks from a different forum were gracious enough to take me under their expert wings, or I'd invite you to join me... I know a couple other first timers who'd be happy to pit with you, if you haven't found anyone yet... honestly though, I think you'd be better off with someone who knows what they're doing... best of luck this weekend!

Fast Cletus

still no luck in finding help. No worries, I wil run it solo. Hopefully I can meet some folks at the practice. Thanks
JC
CCS Racer #552

eightonezero

Fast Clitoris:
A scary time indeed. Just find an EX who is there solo and ask him if he wouldn't mind helping you out.  Probably wouldn't mind, bring beer just in case. Good luck

alpha-BAT

so F Cletus, how'd it go?  :cheers:

Fast Cletus

Made it all in one piece.  I finished my race second to last, just because a rider crashed in turn one. But I finished and that was my goal.  As far as teh event in itself went I ended up meeting a few other ducati guys  and they helped me out.  I had a few small hiccups such as   Learning the secondary use for a turkey basting pan, and a few small tech things, but other than that all went really well. I can't  wait till June
JC 
CCS Racer #552

roadracer162

JC,

I saw you out there and I think you did just fine. Was that you in the gravel trap? Oh..the rider that ran off was in T2 and not T1. T1 is the fast sweeping corner. I also run the Ultralight SB race on a FZR400 along with my son Troy on another FZR400. If in June you want a group of us in the Ultralight class, ask for Garage #5 or just come over and we can make you fit.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

alpha-BAT

glad to hear you had fun, JC! :biggrin:... I somehow managed to avoid last place myself, but even if I hadn't, it still would've been a blast!... hope to see you out there in June!

kl3640

I think I saw you in tech - were you the guy who had no belly pan, and we went to my garage and trailer to see if I had an extra one or an extra Ducati bellypan?

Fast Cletus

Road Racer 22: At one point in time during teh day i did run off into the gravel at the final turn.  maybe session 3 on Sunday.  Your right it was t2. I remember the FZR 400's, didn;t I meet you with Joe on the Yellow duck #820?  I will definitely take you up on pit garage 5.  See ya in June
CCS Racer #552

Fast Cletus

kl3640, yep that was me.  I am going to try and get a belly pan made by june race.  I know it does its purpose, and not that my bike is that nice to look at, but I hate having a tacky tinfoil pan on the bottom of my bike. 
Thanks again for trying to help me find a belly pan.  Fortuneatly there was a publix close by.
Jimmy
CCS Racer #552