News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Major props to Eric Purves of the Lithium Motorsports team

Started by ronhix, May 12, 2008, 02:42:41 PM

ronhix

I got to send out some major props to racer Eric Purves with the Lithium Motorsports team.

As some of you may know, Mr Erik Rodriguez has been doing very well in the Amateur middleweight category so far this year, winning pretty much all of his races.  Well, after Mr. Rodriguez crashed out of his first race, Mr. Purves ran around to every corner of the racetrack to make sure Mr. Rodriguez was OK.  Then, Mr. Purves chased down parts from all over the paddock to help Mr. Rodriguez put his bike back together.  Mr. Purves then came over and started wrenching on Mr. Rodriguez's bike to get it ready before the next race, where Mr. Purves would be gridded up against Mr. Rodriguez yet again. 

That is true sportsmanship ladies and gentleman.  It would certainly have been in Mr. Purves' best interest to NOT have Mr. Rodriguez on the grid, however he did everything he could to get Mr. Rodriguez back out there.  For taking the high road, Mr. Eric Purves, we salute you.  Well done!!
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

spyder84

I absolutely agree with you, Ron.  I can't thank Eric enough for his help.  A stand-up guy by far and a true sportsman.  My hat goes off to you, buddy.

More props to Eric on my website --> www.Erik-Rodriguez.com

jigs

That's why I like motorcycle guys....little different in 4 wheel racing.

Firecat

Eric really is a stand up guy and a credit to the Lithium Team.  Good on ya Eric!
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

RCR_531

It is awesome to have Eric as a teamate this year. Hats off to him for this act of kindness. Now time to get my head back into the game to beat the Eric and Erik show. Hope you are fealing better Erik see ya at MAM.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

MoparBoyy

Agreed, i had a great time racing with him and talking to him off the track.
-Mopar
2001 Honda F4i / Amateur #426
Sponsored by: DCdecals - MM-Racing - Riverway Racing - Chicagoland SportBikes - Mace Marine

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: MoparBoyy on May 12, 2008, 08:38:48 PM
Agreed, i had a great time racing with him and talking to him off the track.

Who the hell let you in here Alex. :ass: :spank: :kicknuts: :biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jeff

That's awesome...  I've always said, I'd rather lose to a guy racing with parts I loaned him than to beat him by keeping him off the grid... 
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

JBraun

Well said Jeff. Eric's chances of winning increased exponentially with Rodriguez off the grid, but he wants to beat him straight up and we can all appreciate that.

I've really enjoyed working with Eric so far this year. He's working really hard and has only begun to find his speed. He'll be winning a lot more races this year and in the future.

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Tornado Bait

Now that is a class act.  I look forward to gridding up with you guys at MAM.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

gsxr2cool

Yeah props to Purves. I'm glad that I was able to help. I didn't know either one of them and Purves saw me in my trailer and asked if I had a clutch lever for the 04 05 Gixxers. I had one so I let him borrow it and I went to his pits later on that evening and got it back. Glad that I was able to help and have a good race! Just took the learning curves this weekend so I'm excited about getting into the races now! Look forward to meeting alot of you and meeting new friends!

murf99

Todd Murray
CCS #99 MW Expert

PS I Love You Wedding Photo Storybooks / Moto Union - Ducati Milwaukee / Motorex