News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

vir practice?

Started by wera331, March 11, 2003, 11:54:01 AM

wera331

is there a practice befor the april 12, 13 weekend?

TreyBone

davegsxrold929r

Clay

I was about to ask the same thing.  Who's holding it and how much?  

Also, is this race going to be on VIR North, South or the full course?  My first race ever that weekend :D

TreyBone

I think it is usually 100.00 bucks for the day and we always race on the north course.

wera331

and no camping thursday night. :'(

Chewy

Is no camping something new for this year?  I always camped on Thursday night in previous years.

Clay

NO CAMPING THURSDAY?!?!?  WHAT?  Damn man, that sucks.  I'm doing the Bargy school Th at CMP and heading straight to VIR.  Guess I'll have to stay with a buddy in Charlotte :(  

BTW, do they have showering facilities and such there?  I'd be camping at the track Fr and Sat night and I'm sure I'll get UBER stinky after having been racing and practicing!!!!  

wera331

they have really nice facilities at vir,I always pit near the showers / bathrooms on the hill. there are no pot-a-tolets in the pit area.there might be pictures online.

FUBAR606

Chewy,

You gonna let me stay in your luxary accomodations that weekend?  ;D

I'll be without wife and baby, so I'm doing the low-rent single guy thing to save racing funds, but you wouldn't know what that is like  ;)

Chewy

Okay, just got off the phone with VIR.  The no camping on Thursday before the open practice is something new for this year.

Reason are as usual, always about the mighty $$.  I will probably still head up on Thursday and just park in front of the gate.  I have no desire to get up early Friday morning and drive up there.  

I have an idea, I feel that if there is are a lot of people lined up at the gate late thursday night into early friday morning they may re think that decision for the next race.  What do you think?

PS Steve, I am just a brotha trying to survive in this terrible economy, so sure I will rent you a room:):):)

FUBAR606

QuotePS Steve, I am just a brotha trying to survive in this terrible economy, so sure I will rent you a room:):):)

I may take you up on that..it's either that or sleep under the stars like a transient. As long as you don't make me sleep with the Duc's.  ;)