News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Insurance with no racing/riding exclusions

Started by Brandon.Parrish, May 04, 2008, 10:55:29 PM

bigreid

Quote from: Brandon.Parrish on May 09, 2008, 04:03:58 PM
If racing is your occupation than it can not be excluded in any state.

So, if you earn any money doing a sport aren't you technically a professional?  So, if you have won any money they cannot exclude you or does it need to be your primary occupation?
GP AM#429

kl3640

Quote from: bigreid on May 15, 2008, 05:10:32 AM
So, if you earn any money doing a sport aren't you technically a professional?  So, if you have won any money they cannot exclude you or does it need to be your primary occupation?

Brandon can confirm, but I believe that you'd need to meet the IRS definition of an "occupation," at least for a secondary income (i.e., <2% AGI), if not primary (my guess would be the latter).

Brandon.Parrish

Quote from: Jason748 on May 05, 2008, 01:07:34 PM
... how soon for us poor MN guys?
Its in the works as we speak, should be soon! i will keep you posted.
Brandon Parrish | AMA #295 CCS #295 WERA #8
RiderSurance.com is an action sports-friendly place to quote and apply for health, life, and disability insurance. The perk of this site is we only offer plans that do not have hobby or occupational exclusions specific to racing and riding.

Brandon.Parrish

Quote from: kl3640 on May 15, 2008, 10:30:41 AM
Brandon can confirm, but I believe that you'd need to meet the IRS definition of an "occupation," at least for a secondary income (i.e., <2% AGI), if not primary (my guess would be the latter).

That is correct, just a little prize money here and there would not mean that is your occupation.  It would have to be your main source of income or your only source of income.
RiderSurance.com is an action sports-friendly place to quote and apply for health, life, and disability insurance. The perk of this site is we only offer plans that do not have hobby or occupational exclusions specific to racing and riding.

Mon1018

some interesting advices here. useful thread .

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Just signed up for insurance for the first time in (oh boy should I even tell you!) 1997!

I feel much more comfortable. I suppose I'm gonna end up in the hospital now!

After what happened to Brian Hall I realized it could have been me and my hospital bill.

Thanks Brandon!!!! You da man!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Brandon.Parrish

Thanks Jason, good to see you come out of retirement!

Brandon.Parrish