News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

HPT facilities ???

Started by kl3640, April 19, 2008, 02:57:35 PM

kl3640

I've never been to HPT before.  I saw on their website that there are garages and uncovered paddocks with power available.  Is the non-garage paddock paved, or is it grass/dirt/sand?  Thanks.

gntbldr

All paved and in good condition too.
Clean showers and bathrooms,
great staff there

RCR_531

For power you will need a very long and I mean very long power cord. Unless you like to pit out in the back 40. Very nice place other then that.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

r1owner

Nice facilities and there are some pretty large grass areas between the pit roads.  It's nice to camp, but if you notice the trees are all leaning one direction, it's for a reason.  The wind constantly blows....  It sucks if you're sleeping in a tent cause it's flapping all the time.

gntbldr

I may have a genny you can use for the most part.

one of my teammates rented out the garrage next to super dave and mike casey so I'll be pittin in there and will be bringing my generator just in case

find me if you need to use it and if I'm not around I'll do my best to get it to you.

kl3640

Thank you for the offer gntlbndr, I may take you up on it.

I have an EZ-UP, but if the open paddock is that windy then I may consider just getting a garage - especially if I'm going to need more than 100' of extension cords.  I'm going with two other riders so I'll have to check with them if they want to rent a garage or not.

LilJayRR

Just use some ties downs and the pop ups will be fine. Yes its windy in Kansas, but only because OK sucks and Neb blows...

Same can be said for CO and MO....

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

r1owner

I don't think you can sleep in the garages (if that's what you were thinking).

LilJayRR

Quote from: r1owner on April 20, 2008, 11:59:04 AM
I don't think you can sleep in the garages (if that's what you were thinking).

I did a couple years ago, I dont think you are supposed to but no one said anything. They have chain link seperations between each garage space.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

kl3640

Wasn't planning on it (sleeping in the garages).  A friend and I are going in his RV, so we'll probably just use the non-covered paddocks.  Thanks for all the info, all.