New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DMG-AMA-MotoST update...

Started by PJ721, April 17, 2008, 07:52:50 PM

tzracer

Quote from: Aristotle Kristatos on April 22, 2008, 09:22:39 AM
Good point.

I'll take it another direction.

Since AMA Pro Racing hasn't developed around teams' well being and spectators through, it's only use being to sell motorcycles, that's why it has only done as well as it has.  We know it's cool, but it's not so fun when one can easily speculate the top seven week after week, year after year. 

With the manufacturers putting their support around a tiny select number of teams, it's of no use to outside potential sponsors.  So, few make any money at all, and most rotate out of AMA Pro Racing regularly only to be replaced by individuals in the same position...no manufacturer support, no team support package. 

My two pennies there. 

I am agreeing with Dave, I think the world may be ending soon:)

I think one of the goals is to end the direct factory teams and replace them with more factory supported teams such as the Jordan team. Compared to most other forms of racing, motorcycle racing tends to be dominated by factory teams.

I wonder what type of TV package they are working on. High TV ratings are more important than the draw at the gate from a sponsors point of view.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

Quote from: tzracer on April 22, 2008, 01:40:12 PM
I am agreeing with Dave, I think the world may be ending soon:)
LOL!

Super Dave

n2racing6

If you think the Nascar people involved don't court factory teams in Nascar you are way out of touch. Should GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Toyota be regulated out of that series the resulting fan base lose would be great. No matter how many private ARCA or other orgs. teams came over, the fan backlash-both in on track tickets and TV ratings would go in the toilet. If you think there are no 'factory' teams in NASCAR, then why do the same 3 or 4 teams always finish at or near the top?---Hendricks (GM), Roush (Ford), Gibbs (Toyota) and occasionally Dodge (Everingham).

RMGSXR124

Just remember in NASCAR all of the cars are pretty much the same, just different paint and engines. Hope that's not what they have in mind with MC racing. (Toyota had to dumb down there engine to be allowed to compete)

honda60071

Shawn

PJ721

Moto-ST to use timed qualifying starting @ VIR

see attached...
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

weggieman

Only good part recently is they'll use the rules package for "litre bike" that we developed last year. Would have been a shame to see all that time and work gone to waste. But they're still looking at spec tires and fuel for it...............

The major reason for the rules or "restrictions" in the package we developed was to try slowing the bikes down a bit for safety reasons. There was never talk about parity between manufacturers. 1000cc superbikes were just getting way too fast for the tracks we have.

I still think someone bumped their head on this dealbut as I said, I could be wrong. We'll see............

SVbadguy

Quote from: PJ721 on April 22, 2008, 06:17:04 PM
Moto-ST to use timed qualifying starting @ VIR

see attached...

Rule changes mid-season sure are getting old.  As far as I'm concerned that's just practice.  I could care less if I'm dead last on the grid, at least that way there is a really good chance of winning the most improved position prize.

weggieman

Timed qualifying for an endurance race? WTF?

PJ721

yup...I like it....although a little more notice would've been nice...not that we'd do anything different.
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Garywc

were ever we end up gridded is fine
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

tzracer

Quote from: n2racing6 on April 22, 2008, 04:24:30 PM
If you think the Nascar people involved don't court factory teams in Nascar you are way out of touch. Should GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Toyota be regulated out of that series the resulting fan base lose would be great. No matter how many private ARCA or other orgs. teams came over, the fan backlash-both in on track tickets and TV ratings would go in the toilet. If you think there are no 'factory' teams in NASCAR, then why do the same 3 or 4 teams always finish at or near the top?---Hendricks (GM), Roush (Ford), Gibbs (Toyota) and occasionally Dodge (Everingham).

I don't view those as factory teams. The teams are not run directly by the manufacturers. ISTR that Nascar has restrictions about teams getting any special treatment from a factory, no special parts. Teams can modify the parts as they choose.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke