News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

JBraun

Doesn't sound like good fun to me. Sobottka is still recovering from the type of injury that ends careers. In some cases it ends in amputation. Most guys would never race again.

So he's spending the year getting his speed back and you're calling him out because he's only a little faster than you.

The truth is, we're just trying to get you amateurs to quit before you get white plates. If you don't, you're just gona kick our asses next year, and we can't have that...
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Bappe on June 25, 2008, 05:42:46 AM
Sorry, I know I'll get bashed for this, and its all in fun, but I couldnt resist........tell me how much more money do I have to spend, how much more do i have to risk, how much more skill do I have to get, and how much more serious do i have to be, to get  .046 of a second SLOWER then you?  ;)  If I were you, I'd ask for your money back...:)  LOL  JK, dont brake check me next time.  ;)  I only bring this up because you called me out on it. 
From the mylaps.com website.....

Class: EX

6 49x Rob Sobottka   8  13:05.984  31.208  1:33.315   5  86.031   -   

2 897 Aaron Bappe   8  13:07.866  0.123    1:33.269   8  86.074

As stated many many times, it is the AVERAGE of what experts spend vs. Am riders. As another rider already stated that smoked the AM field and most experts, there are always talented riders coming up (that wont be AM long...) that ride good on whatever they are on. ON AVERAGE EXPERT RIDERS AS A WHOLE spend more that am riders.. IN GENERAL. phew... and i think this was the point trying to be made by most that have posted. For those talented riders that will be moving up to the expert ranks, will be great to have you.
It is a mystery why this is such a hard concept to grasp. Yes, AM riders spend alot of money, anyone that has been in even 1 race knows the costs of getting a bike ready and on the grid. BUT if you look around the pits, especially at this past VIR event it is NOT hard to see the massive dollars the top expert riders spend. And yes, some AM riders have trailers, multiple bikes, lots of tires, etc. but rider to rider.. on average.. week in/week out.. etc. the expert rider will spend alot more than the AM rider.
Im not backing down on my very 1st post on page 1 that somehow got things started down a nasty path but i am sorry if some were offended somehow.

R1owner.. thanks for the post. makes me feel a little better i guess. See you at the track sometime i hope.

Quote from: mikendzel on June 24, 2008, 01:03:44 PM
I read the first page, and the last 2 pages, and here's my idea:

EITHER
Split the race into an AM race and an EX race, make the last 2 races of the weekend, make the entry fee $100 and split up all of the entry fees among the competitors.  If 20 bikes entered, that's $2000.00 among say the Top 5-10.

And CCS/ASRA makes money how???? remember, they are not putting on races simply for the "fun" of it. If not profitable for them to some degree we would have fewer choices of where and when to race.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

mikendzel

Let's pretend that I'm smart enough to know that CCS doesn't do this for free......

It was an example, with the major POINT being that am's and ex's were not in the same race for money.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: mikendzel on June 25, 2008, 12:15:09 PM
Let's pretend that I'm smart enough to know that CCS doesn't do this for free......

It was an example, with the major POINT being that am's and ex's were not in the same race for money.

... an example that has all the money in entry fees going to riders. That would be very nice of them, but how is that an example of CCS not doing that for free..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

mikendzel

Nevermind dude, I just read all of your posts, and now I know why you missed my point.  I was under the impression that you thought the money may make the amateur riders ride above their limits, making them more dangerous to be on the track with.  In fact you just want a bigger purse. 

I guess since the amateurs would ride anyway, without the purse, that explains why the number of Unlimited Superbike entries are only about 60% of  the Unlimited GP entries. 

:thumb:

Sobottka

Quote from: Bappe on June 25, 2008, 10:20:20 AM
ah shit man, now i feel bad...:)sorry about that.. although i dont know how serious yours was, I might be able to relate...;)  see what you think  lol

well injuries are common in motorcycling so i dont think i'm special but since you brought it up here is a pic. i had a pilon fracture that included a fibula fracture and now have both bones plated. i am just now feeling pretty good and can walk pretty good (in the morning... after a busy day, not so good) but can not yet run or jog.  I have no doubts yours was as serious if not more... i didnt want to watch the whole video
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Sobottka

green is a mix between blue and yellow. blue and yellow are primary colors. the sky is blue and daisies are yellow. does this help?
who wants to take a crack at music?
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

r1owner

Glad to see you (figuratively speaking) back out there Rob.  Hopefully I'll see you (for real) at R.A.

When Rob's on his game, he rolls along pretty damn good!

IMO, anyone that gets a sportbike on the track (yes, either trackday or racing) is a step ahead of the poser I used to be back when I thought riding a Ninja on the street was the epitome of sportbiking.  The suckers that don't take their bike to the track are the only real people missing out IMO.

JonGu

Good god Rob, you just made me lose my breakfast and yesterdays dinner that I hadn't shat out yet, was that necessary? lol, j/k I didn't realize it was that major of an injury you went through last year. And you are still faster than me, you bastard!
Jon Gu
CCS AM #276
2006 R6 Blue / Black
2003 SV650 Blue / Silver

Sobottka

scotty and gu- thanks for the props, it has been very difficult and frustrating for me to come back and be slower than i was as an am (yes bappe-even though im spending more) and having guys who were never faster than me leave me behind.  :kicknuts:  it has made this year (so far) less than fun
a couple more weekends and i'll be my old self again... i hope

Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

Bappe

Quote from: sobottka on June 25, 2008, 04:24:41 PM
scotty and gu- thanks for the props, it has been very difficult and frustrating for me to come back and be slower than i was as an am (yes bappe-even though im spending more) and having guys who were never faster than me leave me behind.  :kicknuts:  it has made this year (so far) less than fun
a couple more weekends and i'll be my old self again... i hope

yeah you did quite a number it looks like, how did you go about that one?  On the track?  Yeah I can see how that would slow you down, but yuo would never notice it.  I was just giving you shit earlier, but I feel ya, I broke both mine, compound tib/fib plates screws all that...shattered right ankle it was almost amputated, still could be, fused and barely has any movement...7 surgeries total couldnt walk for 8 months...oh and not to mention I woke up paralyzed from the waste down for two weeks when I was 14, then had only 70% come back, had surgery for that which at 18 would cause me to have another back surgery and put stell rods all the way up and down my spine with big ass screws in my back...:) anyway sorry got carried away with the battle wound stories.  But all I know is I spend alot of money that I dont have and shouldnt be spending to race for the pure adrenaline and excitement, and the expirience of doing new things, meeting new people and going new places...yeah I competative and go out and do the best I can, but my goal is to just have fun, and dont expect anything in return, or to take away anything from anyone else...Cant we all just get along?  lol  :)  peace out.

Sobottka

sound like with my skateboarding, bmx and roadracing injuries we could go toe to toe on the war stories. no problem on the razzing me. the internet has a way of bringing that out of everyone. i wouldnt expect that anyone who has posted up here would be an ass in person and personally would have no problem helping anyone here with anyting i could as im sure melka (who ive never met) would too. stop by the lithium pit and introduce yourself, I'll have a beer for ya ... you cant have too many friends at the track!   :cheers:
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions