Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

Bappe

Quote from: extrakt0r on May 06, 2008, 08:15:07 PM
Dude, you were running 55's at HPT. If you raced with the EX's you would get lapped before the end of a GT Race...Play nice Aaron, dont make me own you next track day :)

ahh bite me simone...bastard.  :)   you know im always up for a challenge.....;)  I'm a litte faster now, come school me oh master.   where the hell you been anyways?

barb_arah

By gay, I bet you're referring it's a happy thing.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

skipper08

i cant believe that this is 10 pages long.
but anyways.....
My name is Gus
I am an Amateur
I race the FL region
some of you know me
I am a nobody in the field still

but there is some stuff i would like to know.

the same frase keeps on being said. "bc experts spend more money" how is that?? if its true.

i dont have a problem that the experts get paid and we dont, not saying that i would not mind to make some extra cash to help me out in the sesson, but if the purses money is coming out from the fees meaning (everyones fees), i dont think its fair that we are all paying the same for them to make money in that race.
i get the whole thing of the exciting race and the no exhaust restriction to make it better, but if they want to make money you have to spend money, its like betting thats all.
and yes i work to race and still is hard for me to make it. i have the support and help from my parents as they dont want me to miss out any of the races.

i think someone said that why not charge more in the entrance fees for that race and then get the purses out of there and not pay 1 through 10 but up to 5th and that would be more of a challenge there. i know all the experts are going to get mad that i said to charge more in the fees and dont pay the whole grid.

btw please leave your insults out of the tread and if you can not say a profesional opinion then dont participate.
im not insulting anyone with this post but rather trying to understand and maybe make some ppl understand certain things.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

roadracer162

I must be missing something.

If you want a purse payout become an expert. You can request that.

Amateurs on big bikes just don't make sense to me. If you can ride a big bike fast then you are an expert in my eyes. If you can't ride one fast you shuldn't be on it.

If you want to win get the best equipment you can afford and then sometimes that is not enough.

There are some in the lgithweight classes spending some $60K plus on their machinery. They better beat me on my $5K machine.

I race for the love of it. Give me money or prizes for winning? I won't deny it, but I am not gonna demand it.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: skipper08 on June 16, 2008, 10:29:18 AM
but anyways.....
My name is Gus
I am an Amateur
I race the FL region
some of you know me

the same frase keeps on being said. "bc experts spend more money" how is that?? if its true.

i dont have a problem that the experts get paid and we dont, not saying that i would not mind to make some extra cash to help me out in the sesson, but if the purses money is coming out from the fees meaning (everyones fees), i dont think its fair that we are all paying the same for them to make money in that race.
i get the whole thing of the exciting race and the no exhaust restriction to make it better, but if they want to make money you have to spend money, its like betting thats all.
and yes i work to race and still is hard for me to make it. i have the support and help from my parents as they dont want me to miss out any of the races.

i think someone said that why not charge more in the entrance fees for that race and then get the purses out of there and not pay 1 through 10 but up to 5th and that would be more of a challenge there. i know all the experts are going to get mad that i said to charge more in the fees and dont pay the whole grid.

btw please leave your insults out of the tread and if you can not say a profesional opinion then dont participate.
im not insulting anyone with this post but rather trying to understand and maybe make some ppl understand certain things.

Good post Mark.
Gus.. READ the 10 pages.. then get back to us. Most of your questions have been discussed and explained in the thread. On average, rider to rider, experts spend way more than am riders.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

kl3640

Quote from: skipper08 on June 16, 2008, 10:29:18 AM
but anyways.....
My name is Gus
I am an Amateur
I race the FL region
some of you know me

As Melk-Man pointed out, your questions have been discussed in the previous 9 pages and this page of this post, so I won't go in to detail, but people generally accept as a fact that in order to be competitive (read: Podiums) in the Expert class, let alone to win a championship, a rider must invest more money in equipment, preparation, racing activities, etc, than does a rider who seeks to achieve the same results in Amateur events.

tstruyk

Quote from: kl3640 on June 16, 2008, 09:43:56 PM
a rider must invest more money in equipment, preparation, racing activities, etc, than does a rider who seeks to achieve the same results in Amateur events.

I dunno... those nesba fee's are gettin pretty high!   :ahhh:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

r1owner

oh my!  Just couldn't resist huh?

roadracer162

I finally read it all. Now it's time to finish mowing the lawn.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

R1Racer99

Can someone save me the hour of reading and tell me if the amateurs will continue to be paid or has it been changed? I'm not really on one side or the other but I got an unexpected $75 in the mail yesterday and I'm not complaining about a free night at the bar for a 6th place.

r1owner

Quote from: R1Racer99 on June 17, 2008, 07:18:19 PM
Can someone save me the hour of reading and tell me if the amateurs will continue to be paid or has it been changed? I'm not really on one side or the other but I got an unexpected $75 in the mail yesterday and I'm not complaining about a free night at the bar for a 6th place.

If you're an am, it was a mistake.  You're supposed to send the check back.

Eric Kelcher

Scott you forgot the smiley

For races run out of the main CCS office there is a contingency purse paid to AM in stand alone CCS weekends, On ASRA weekends there are contingency purses only in the ASRA pro races.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition