News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MX Ridin in the Chicago/Wisconsin area???

Started by EM JAY, April 04, 2008, 03:13:29 PM

EM JAY

So I finally got a bike to play on (CRF150) and nowhere to play!!!!!!!!!   :wtf:

Any ideas???? 

I'm like 20min south of Wisconsin, 40min north of Chicago........
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

xb9racer

Good luck. Unless you know some one with private land, it's pretty hard to come by. There is Bong Rec. Area near Burlington WI that , for a fee, has trails. But I think it's just a giant, flat loop.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Theres a open mx track in teh rockford area (west side).
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

RCR_531

Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

RSimmons

Don't forget Joliet MX, or Waterman Indoor MX
MW Am #377

Jan

cbr-racer

Bill (whisky) http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/whisky
                    http://www.xbux.com/whisky402 

Sponsors: Hazardous Sports, Michelin, EBC
Silkolene, Lockhart Phillips, AGV Sport, Buffalo Wild Wings
Vortex

EM JAY

Sweet.  Thanks...  Bong is the closest to me, heard it was eh.. so so ..  I'd like to try one in Rockford too, supposta be heading to the Ottawa track on Monday..    Thanks again folks!!
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Jeff

Bong will wear you out if you ride all the loops.  There are some challenges to it for a novice rider, but nothing crazy.  It's cheap fun on a 150.  A 150 isn't an uber motocross bike anyhow, so I wouldn't try any heavy MX with it, assuming you're over 100lbs.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

SV88

We ended up @ Buffalo range today (Ottawa, il).  Rode into a bog and got the bike stuck up to the axels.  EmJay and I took a good 10-15 minutes to heave it out.  Otherwise we had a great time.  The sand track is definately challenging.  Did lots of woods riding and a couple of stream crossings which are alway fun.  Beautiful day and maybe 7 other riders.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881