Speedballer347

Started training for the season, today.
Just did 5 minutes on the bike.....and CoLLapSed :-[
Thought I was going into puke ::)

Got 4 weeks to get it together...
..anyone got the toll-free number for that Chuck Norris home-gym :-/

I'm done for!!!! ;D
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

r6_philly

My training included clearing the driveway and the walkway of 3 feet of snow...

And boy did I regret not working out at Daytona

better start running and lifting and whatever else you can think of doing  ;D

spyderchick

Call me boy, I'll set ya straight. It's pretty cool when I can outlast outwit and outplay the young boys. 8) Survivor at the gym, anyone?
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

ice

I learned my lesson at Gateway in August of last year when I almost collapsed due to heat exhaustion when trying to run with you, Diver and Mike in the GTU.

This year I started training early.....

January:
2 weeks of training in Argentina and Brasil where it was 100 degrees every day.  Ran, swam, drank Bacardi, and ate foreign food (highly dangerous to a weak Americanized immune system) until my compadre got food poisioning :P

Joined the local health club and started cardio training on the elliptical running machine for 35 minutes every other day with 2 sweatshirts on to simulate wearing leathers in hot conditions. :-[

February:

Went to the Michigan UP snowmobile riding.  Feining for anything with some serious motor, I got to ride my buddy's Yamaha RX-1....This thing has an R1 engine in it and damn its fast.  Saw 106 on the clock before it ran out of go go ;D.  We also sank 4 sleds in a pond somehow and spent a half a day pulling them out for a real intense workout.

Took Super Dave's advice and tried a quasi Atkins diet.  
Breakfast:  Coffee/powerbar
Lunch:  Who has time for lunch?
Dinner:  Big Mac sans bun and special sauce.  Yum

March:

Mardi Gras...The key to the whole master plan.  Lots of practice here ;D

April:
The first week will constitute of several long days and nights smashing knuckles, losing sleep and drinking in a mad dash to get ready for the first race of the season.  

I'll be ready ;D

motomadness

I just started working out last week.  I go to the gym, run a couple of miles on the tm, then lift weights for about 20-30 minutes.  My goal is to drop weight more than "merely" get in shape.  So far, I have gone to the gym 3 times in the last week.

I learned my lesson last year at MAM.  I nearly collapsed after my first GT race.  Not to mention the neck pains I felt racing at Daytona in October.

Does this intimidate anyone?   ;D

Got to get an edge anywhere I can.  With Rev.'s new '03 TZ, I'm gonna to have my hands full.

r1owner

Dang speed, my motorcycle only has footpegs, not pedals.....am I missing something?

TreyBone

I can get you in shape.  Smoke a pack of Marlboro's everyday. Eat lots of sweets and fatty foods. If you feel you need to excercise, just go ride the dirt bike for a few hours a day:)

bmfgsxr

you dont really need to exercise bro. its really over rated.

*as bmf hammers out another 2 sets while thinking of barber in august*
 8) :P

davegsxrold929r

Quoteyou dont really need to exercise bro. its really over rated.

*as bmf hammers out another 2 sets while thinking of barber in august*
 8) :P

2 sets of what cookies ?????   better hit the pedal bike soon kiddo...LOL

as i need to as well ,. starting tonite ,. no more excuses....

sdiver68

Went riding for 4 hours on Saturday, on a Ducati.  Exagerrated my hanging off and kept my butt of the seat as much as possible.

Next day, no soreness :)

However, while riding that damn impossible to train except by riding muscle cramped up on me once.  I've tried every exercise in the book and nothing works, except tightening it up on purpose until it cramps and then stretching out due to the pain!  Ouch! :(  It's the one that lies beneath the hip flexor, like near where the Femur connects into the hip socket.
MCRA Race School Instructor

rmahr137

Sean,

Hit the weights first, then the treadmill.  You will burn more calories that way.

Rod

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteHowever, while riding that damn impossible to train except by riding muscle cramped up on me once.  I've tried every exercise in the book and nothing works, except tightening it up on purpose until it cramps and then stretching out due to the pain!  Ouch! :(  It's the one that lies beneath the hip flexor, like near where the Femur connects into the hip socket.

I think that's a Ducati muscle thing.  I always get sore there after riding either of the Duc's I've had.  No fricking clue how to stop it.  Oh well...more flex-all for me...lol...cuz I ain't getting in shape by Saturday.   ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM