Firerbird Gate Closing Times

Started by rick, March 07, 2003, 09:17:35 AM

rick

Ouch, I was expecting something more like midnight:
QuoteDate: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:18:01 -0700
To: "'rick@digitalpipe.net'" <rick@digitalpipe.net>
Subject: FW: CCS Weekend March 15,16

Usually 5:30- 6:00pm.  Depends on stop time etc.

Nancy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 1:38 PM
To: info@firebirdraceway.com
Subject: CCS Weekend March 15,16

Hi,

I was wondering how late your going to keep the gates open on Friday and
Saturday (March 14,15)?

Thank you!
-Rick

Litespeed

Firebird typically keeps the gates open from the start of the event to the end which would mean you have full access with the appropriate wrist band anytime Sat night.  I remember getting back at 11 pm last time we were there.

rick

Yeah, more than anything what firebird emailed me bumms me out 'cause it means I can't run into town for whatever after Saturday's fun if they're locking up the gates.

Decreasing_Dave

Quote I remember getting back at 11 pm last time we were there.

Yeah....well, I remember getting locked out at 9:15 PM and having to sleep in a hotel when my perfectly good Toyhauler (and all of the usual toiletries/essentials) were locked inside the gate.  I had to pay for a room that shouldn't have been because the Security Guard was apparently watching a movie in his van.  Dusty and his girlfriend jumped the fence and caught him.  They got in.  I would have jumped the fence, but the wife, S-I-L, and 16 month old daughter didn't want to.  Hence, I didn't.

AND NO, there was no reimbersment from CCS for my hotel expenses.  As a matter of fact, I never got a reply from Kevin.

You may want to be careful about going out after the races.  I will be.

SlowDragon

Is there overnight camping at Firebird?