new MC supersport legal?

Started by Clay, March 06, 2003, 05:27:06 PM

Clay

Hey all,
I was wondering if an aftermarket master cylinder would be supersport legal?  

tigerblade

I don't see anything in the rules against it (says OEM calipers must be used, aftermarket rotors of same dimensions are allowed), but I'll defer to the experts...

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Protein Filled

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Clay

Kewl, that's easy enough :D  Thanx for the answers guys!

james-redsv

Are you sure its legal? I thought it said stock brake system. Wouldnt that include the master cylinder?  ??? Maybe Im wrong, let me go reread the rule book, I would like to put one on my bike too ;D

Protein Filled

You can replace the hand controls, which includes the master cylinder. You can't change the calipers, but you can change the rotors and the brake lines too.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Super Dave

Wouldn't that mean the front brake lever?

I thought last year there were provisions that would not allow. let's say, a Brembo adjustable leverage master cylinder on a Supersport bike.

Might be worth going to the rule book...
Super Dave

Protein Filled

You guys got me curious, so I went and looked. The only thing the rulebook says about brakes is:

"6.1.2 All motorcycles must meet the following requirements in addition to the applicable requirements in Section 5.
A. Original equipment wheels, brake calipers, forks, frame, engine, fuel induction system, and swing arm must be used.
B. Aftermarket brake rotors may be used but must be the same dimensions as the originals and must be made of a ferrous material. Non-current motorcycles may use brake rotors up to the same size as those that come as original equipment on the current model machine."

which to me, in regular ccs rule fashion, means that it's legal for SS...