News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MARRC

Started by honda60071, March 21, 2008, 05:06:35 PM

honda60071

Quick question, is MARRC a school only or do they hold trackday(practice) before race weekend?
Shawn

NightHeat

quick answer: yes & yes

PJ721

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

honda60071

Thanks, thanks.  Guess you have to a member for 20.00 and cost of track.. Yes, Yes??
Shawn

PJ721

hmmm I think if you are a member you get a discount - but dont believe you have to be one to run the event...

I would contact them to verify..Rick Beggs does frequent the board....and runs the MARRC school and track days..or anyone on this list..

http://www.marrc.org/html_docs/info.contact.html
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

NightHeat

from my past expieriences you  are correct, you don't have to be a member to participate in the racer group. not sure on the other groups. think it is a little cheaper though if you are a member

Kuala76

You do not have to be a member to run the track day but you do get a discount.  Why not just be a member? You get your money back in the savings on the track days :). 

OR  you can earn your membership by corner working for a weekend :), there's no long term commitment nescessary :):)
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

honda60071

That sounds good sales pitch, I am signing up for membership soon. Just wish they had locked in the May 2ND date instead of nesba. Ive never done nesba before and don't have a expert licence so I'm at the beginner stage.  Guess Sat will have to be more or less a setup and practice day.
Shawn

Kuala76

Check with NESBA but I believe that you can get into the advanced group if you hold a race license ;).  It'd be worth looking in to :)
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

limy_1

I like the idea of earning your membership by working a corner.

I know most riders will acknowledge the workers at some point but
do the really know what the worker has to do?

After working a corner you may just see a flag next time on track.
It seems that there is only two flags that riders see with consistency,
the green & checkers.
The other flags are just to get rid of the mosquito's.  :lmao:
Roger Preston
AHRMA Volunteer & Monkee
WERA Official

ahastings

Quote from: Kuala76 on March 26, 2008, 09:37:24 AM
Check with NESBA but I believe that you can get into the advanced group if you hold a race license ;).  It'd be worth looking in to :)
No, Kumi, you have to have an expert license to go straight to advanced with Nesba, but you can start in Intermediate .
+1 anyone who races at Summit should be a Marrc member anyway to support the best cornerworkers around. And if you do the trackday with Marcc the membership is in effect free since you get a $20 discount for being a member.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Kuala76

Thanks Arnie  :thumb:  Looked good at VIR!!

Kumi
MARRC President 2013