CMP ???'s

Started by ghost05, March 12, 2008, 12:00:50 PM

ghost05

I didn't want to hijack Scooter969's CMP thread, so I figured I'd start my own... anyhow, first time to CMP coming up and their website didn't answer all my questions...

1. My wife and I sleep in our wired trailer, are there 30A power poles for RV's and such, and if so, how much $$ to use them and are they:
     (a)part of the paddock
     (b)close to the paddock
     (c)far away from the paddock?

2. Anybody know how the female restrooms/showers are? Pretty clean?

3. Will there be a Michelin Tire guy there to sell/change tires?

4. Is the track easy to pick up? I can't afford the friday class/practice, but am a quick study...

Chris410

Good questions...I've never been there before either so I will run the practice day...hopefully follow the experienced riders and learn something from them.

I'll try to call this week and get some answers so if I get a chance I'll post up.

As far as Michelin...I think Stickboy covers CMP?  You may want to PM or direct your question to him.
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year

Scooter969

You could have hijacked it. Good questions. Love to hear them as well. My wife will be joining me also.

rogers1323

I'll try to answer the questions that I can. 

1. They have power poles throughout the paddock.  I think I remember paying for power last year, but I'm not sure how much.  I also wasn't using 30A power, so I'm not sure what kind of outlets they have.  I know that they have upgraded their power for this year, but I haven't been there to see it yet. 

2.  When I tried to sneak into the female restroom last year they kicked me out before I could take the full tour.   :biggrin:  The mens wasn't too bad.

3.  Mize mobile was there last year, and my understanding is that he'll be there this year.  He is the Michelin distributor for that part of the country.  Stickboy does Bridgestone.

4.  It took me almost all weekend to really learn the track last year, and I know that there is a lot more for me to learn.  But I didn't have much race experience before that either, so..........  You should be able to learn which way the turns go in 2 practice sessions, but you probably won't be as competitive without the practice day.  There are some definite technical pieces of the track to learn.

Hope that helped a little.  I'll be there, assuming I have a bike by then.   ::)

honda60071

I know they have changed the track for this year, but anyone have some times for the old course?
Shawn

cbrf4_269

power there is no good.  What little power they have, it only trips every 5 seconds.  you are better off paying some one to plug into their generator.  Last year I put gas in the pirelli guys generator and only used it when I needed.

Track has been changed so we will all have to re-learn it again anyways.  It is a fun track and hope to make it this year for the cornerspeed school.

LilJayRR

I didnt find that track that hard to figure out last year. There were a couple of places that once you get them down you can make up some good time.

I know they changed a few turns to speed up the back area coming back to the front staright, should be interesting to see how it affects things. They also have been putting $'s into paving the padock etc from what I hear, as well as upgrading the power. It was available, but was no where near great. We made due...

I cant wait to get there and start my season off!  :cheers: I couldn't make Daytona.  :wah:
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

kl3640

Does anyone know the appx size of the new garages at CMP, i.e., how many bikes/riders + gear can *comfortably* share a garage (and the power limit)?

Gary#40

the womens bathroom are clean
Gary Elkins aka Shenanigans

riopko

Power is ok in the evenings for rv as long as two are not on same pole. During the day with all the warmers plan on generator power as the breakers will trip and the panel is locked. A track worker will reset them periodically, RV's are right in the paddock. Bathrooms are good. Concession stand is pretty good. This is all pre-improvements so there may be changes but I think this info is still good.

Track is not too difficult and the changes make the choppy back side flow better, at least that is what I have been told.

Forgot to say power is GFI 15 amp.

stickboy274

They have been fixing the power. All the breakers were worn out from years of being tripped, so they replaced them and are working on upgrading the rest of the system.

We put 3 bikes across the door of one garage. If you do it right, you could fit 4 easy 6 or mor eif you park carefully so you can get in and out easy. We also worked it out with the one across from us so we could all pull straight through.

There is paevemnt, or some sort of covering on all the access roads and heading to the tech shed.

The new part will change the racing htere for sure. It is fast, and you can pass through most all of it. Even the last lap block pass into 14 won't work anymore.

I'll be there selling Bridgestone's and some other things. Let me know if I can help out
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

Chris410

For those arriving late I spoke to the staff at CMP and they will have 24 hour security so you can come in late and still have access to CMP and a garage if you rented one.

Also, the lady suggested that you get the garage confirmation paper and have it with you just in case your name is not on the list.  They can fax or email it to you. 

I asked about gate fees and she did not have that information so if anyone knows how much gate fees are that would be helpful.
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year