New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Moto-ST - GrandAm - AMA - UPDATED w/press conference transcript

Started by PJ721, March 06, 2008, 11:53:12 AM

MotoGuy

PJ721

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

GSXR RACER MIKE

That was a long read, but worth it.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I think Roger Edmondson will be a great thing for AMA Pro Roadracing AGAIN. My only real concern is if the Daytona Motorsports Group that he works for tries to NASCAR-itize it too much (like throwing a yellow flag right before the end of the race strictly to tighten up the field for the finish - how fake - if someones running away with the win then great for them, they brought a better 'A-game' than the rest of the field and maybe even encountered a little luck). I look forward to seeing the direction Roger leads AMA Pro Roadracing.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

PJ721

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Team_Serpent

All the conflicting dates are a ways off so they have time to get people in place.

I don't see them taking Moto-ST to laguna nor do they have time in the event schedule there, but it would be cool to see the New Jersey date move to Road Atlanta and run along side the AMA event.

PJ721

heck no......I want the new track in NJ...only about 3 hrs from all of us on the team! ....and really not sure how it's all going to work with running on AMA weekends...

I'm guessing they are going to run the MotoST on the AMA Road America weekend this year and see how it works and maybe schedule  more combined weekends in for 2009. Or it could very well stay the way it was for 2007 and run w/CCS and Grand-Am cars...time will tell but It sure is going to be very interesting  :thumb:

now back to my Guinness......Happy St. Patricks's Day  :cheers:

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650