News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

r6 snorkle removal.. PLEASE!

Started by MELK-MAN, February 26, 2008, 06:09:11 PM

MELK-MAN

Quote from: lonewrench on May 13, 2008, 07:58:11 PM
just so you guys know the snorkel as you guys call it is not there to rob horse power, its there to reduce air box noise.In addition running the snorkel doesnt make a differance in hp either.What it does do is make you not able to clean your air filter and yes they get filthy weekly. In my opinion the unit is not needed.When you take it out if it makes you feel better bitchin' if you want to run it do it,but either way you arent gonna win or lose a race over it,not even close! As far as the unit its not part of the air box,If you were to gather the info from the source,Yamaha-Motor and not a local dealer they would tell you that.At any rate when I do race CCS events i just go ahead and drop the snorkel in,no fuss,no muss.Fuck it, why argue at tech over some bullshit like that?

Your wrong stating the snorkle does not rob hp.. My tuner and I have hours of dyno proof that it DOES rob hp.. not just me either, i have other friends with the 06-07 r6 that show 2-3hp INCREASE from midrange on up to peak with the snorkle removed. Lonewrench.. do you have dyno proof to dispute this?? the snorkle does what you indicated in your above post, but at the EXPENSE of airflow at higher rpm. Yes, it is what it is.. and if CCS says it becomes part ot the airbox and you get dq'd if you run it in ss class so be it.. End of discussion.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

George_Linhart

lonewrench

ok then bitch about the snorkels, we had them in at Jennings and the Sassaman kids still kicked your ass! Snorkel, no snorkel. The rider means more than ywo horse you say you lose.(yes i have dyno info).Dont be a tool just ride harder.
yours truly,
      the lonewrench

live4moto

Ok so I guess this means that the rubber snorkle on the 2nd gen sv650 must stay in place too, right?

race712

Quote from: clavius on August 18, 2008, 11:28:45 PM
Ok so I guess this means that the rubber snorkle on the 2nd gen sv650 must stay in place too, right?

for supersport - definite yes.