News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

r6 snorkle removal.. PLEASE!

Started by MELK-MAN, February 26, 2008, 06:09:11 PM

MELK-MAN

now that the ducati now has a "middleweight" machine that makes 130hp out of the box on pump gas, how about allowing us 06-07r6 owners to remove that friggin hp robbing snorkle off the air cleaner for supersport classes... 8)
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

d-wire

not an airbox modification.  Its an airfilter modification.  Thats my stance
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

Eric Kelcher

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.ccsracing.us/news/old/2007ridernotices.html

4.17.07 > YAMAHA YZF600 R6 AIRBOX ISSUE IN SUPERSPORT <

It has come to my attention that we have a special issue with the air-filter on 2006 and 2007 Yamaha YZF600 R6s. These models have a plastic assembly built into the lower portion of the filter from the factory that restricts the air intake. This plastic assembly is considered part of the airbox when the filter is properly fitted into place and must be intact to pass SuperSport inspection.

2007 Rulebook - 6.1.2.D. Original equipment air box must remain as produced. Air filters must be used but may be Aftermarket units. Aftermarket air filters are restricted to units available via normal commercial channels and designed for that specific model machine. Aftermarket air filter units that replace part of the OEM. airbox are required to maintain the original size and number of air inlet openings as the stock unit.

As of this time, I have been informed the K&N filter does not have that assembly while BMC is making a street/stock replacement and a race version. The race version is not SuperSport legal while the street/stock version must have the plastic assembly installed to be legal which is a removable piece.

If anyone finds information to contradict or expound on this information, please forward the findings to me so that we can get the word out to the other inspectors. We are attempting to have a mold made that will be similar to the 1st generation SV650 air filter go - no go gauge.

Eric Kelcher, Director of Competition
email: Eric.Kelcher@ccsracing.us

If so, no it is not changed for 2008 season. air box must remain with same number and size of air inlets
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Super Dave

The Ducati 848 in middleweight is still pretty ridiculous. 
Super Dave

d-wire

yes eric.  It is attached to the air filter.  I was disqualified from a race last year for having it removed.  I thought it was part of the filter, not the airbox. 
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

roadracer162

Sounds like the 848 should be Heavyweight and not Middleweight.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Super Dave

Quote from: roadracer22 on February 27, 2008, 09:43:11 AM
Sounds like the 848 should be Heavyweight and not Middleweight.
Yeah, with 40% more displacement than a standard middleweight...

Still needs a good rider, but it's very, very short sighted. 

Rules were changed for the SV650's arrival.  Maybe the GSXR750 should be reclassified as a middleweight because of it's philosophy. 
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

And how many 848's do we expect to see in CCS? I expect 0 in the MW region. The only time I seen a 1098 at a race was a spectators at teh 2nd to last BHF.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

Does that matter?

You don't see too many new CBR600RR's either.

I've had a 1098 at my school.
Super Dave

roadracer162

I think there were 3 at Homestead in February. Dave I gotta agree with you on this one.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

MELK-MAN

ok.. but the snorkle is attached to the air filter and is not attached to the air box, it just fits onto the air box when the filter gets screwed in place. Kind of a grey area really. Sure would be nice to be able to remove it.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

backMARKr

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on February 27, 2008, 02:02:13 PM
And how many 848's do we expect to see in CCS? I expect 0 in the MW region.

Don't see too many handguns here at the high school, but ironically we still have regs to deal with that circumstance..... 8)
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13