Opinions: Bargy or Cornerspeed?

Started by kartstar, February 22, 2008, 08:07:10 AM

kartstar

I would like to attend a school early this spring to boost my skills for the racetrack. I was considering Bargy at Barber, just for the track. For the same $$, Cornerspeed either at VIR or CMP looks really good, too. At least the web presentation is cleaner! Anybody here attended both, or exhibit a preference? I've heard lots of good stuf about Cornerspeed, but it might just be an NC thang. Opinions?

chaplain220

Though I attended a different race school, a lot of the bros we run with have gone through both, and everything came back positive about Cornerspeed and Bargy, from classroom to saddle time and skills learned.  Both Aaron and Ed are very personable, and genuinely concerned about giving you good training, track safety, and getting you started in racing on the right foot.   You may want to check which track matches best with your schedule then jump on in.

Super Dave

Wow, you're in for a rough decision.  I know both Ed and Aaron.  Honestly, you're not going to lose on either.  I'll follow the advice given above.  See what fits better in your schedule. 
Super Dave

benprobst

Quote from: kartstar on February 22, 2008, 08:07:10 AM
I would like to attend a school early this spring to boost my skills for the racetrack. I was considering Bargy at Barber, just for the track. For the same $$, Cornerspeed either at VIR or CMP looks really good, too. At least the web presentation is cleaner! Anybody here attended both, or exhibit a preference? I've heard lots of good stuf about Cornerspeed, but it might just be an NC thang. Opinions?

Took my true rider school with cornerspeed. And been family friends with Ed forever, also sat in on some of his classes. From what I saw, I would choose Bargy. I believe he has more to offer in the time given. But both are excellent.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

kartstar

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. Truth be told, I really would rather ride Barber - what a fun & beautiful track!

Matt52

I don't think you can loose with Aaron @ CS and VIR is a great, fun track to run.  The amount of experience between the instructors at Cornerspeed on the track and Aaron's fun, easy teaching style is hard to beat.