News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

To catch a cheater

Started by mdr14, February 16, 2008, 01:50:10 PM

Team_Serpent

Quote from: Jeff on March 12, 2008, 11:18:50 AMI do definitely agree that it raises an eyebrow

I'm sure some neck hairs as well  :biggrin:

Team_Serpent

Quote from: Super Dave on March 12, 2008, 12:36:05 PM
It's obvious that the AMA knows this.

Obviously the old AMA knows this, it will be interesting to see what DMG's view will be.

He certainly builds other motors and chassis that we don't know about too.
Who's keeping count? 
Are private riders the ones with access to special parts, tooling, and coatings that are by design supposed to be stealthy?  No.  Privateer cheating is usually simple.  750 in a 600, 1100 in a 750, use of Scotchbright. 
I guess it would depend on how simple the privateer is, who they know and how honest they are.

crimsoncloak

mikendzel

Quote from: crimsoncloak on March 12, 2008, 02:25:36 PM
Scotchbrite?

That is in reference to something that happened at Louden/New Hampshire Intl Speedway a while ago.  I don't remember the names, but a dude who placed top 3 or something was torn down after the race and DQ'd because "metal had been removed from the head."  The engine builder had used a Scothbrite pad to polish the head.....

It was something like that

Protein Filled

It was Chouinard and it was supposed to be about using scoth brite on the valves.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

I have an interesting photo everyone might want to see.

My brother happened to be down at Daytona and shot over 800 photos of the weekend.
I was browsing and came across Josh Hayes engine Tech photos! There is a photo that is his motor split apart where you can see a polished crank! The photo is a bit blurry and its all he has.
Here is a link to the photo! http://a583.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/l_a1f724f17dbf4f43028e9063052a137e

Here is a link to his AMA tech photo album. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=33478601&albumID=

Check out his photos of the pits. They look pretty good!

Jason Farrell
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

I'm going to try posting the link again. lt's not working!

It's on his myspace page of photos. The link is not working because you have to be signed into myspace to view it?

Damn that sucks. You can see all the different FX bikes engines in teardown and the tech officials in the technical viewing area. I'll see what I can do to get the photos posted up here. Suggestions anyone?

Here try to click on his myspace page with this link. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=33478601
Then view his photos by clicking his default photo or the link to his photo albums. Then select AMA Technical Inspection album.
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Jeff

the default photo takes you to myspace login.

How 'bout you right click on the pic, save them to your PC and either post them up here (click REPLY, don't use the quick-reply box, click ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and attach the photos) or email them to me jeff@cbr600rr.com and I'll post them.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

racerhall

Jason is supposed to be working on my bikes so i will do it for him so he can get back to work, here is the pic of the polished crank and one pic of what my bikes will look like for this year for your viewing pleasure
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

gpz11

Here's my crank fresh from Falicon. It's almost to pretty to put in the engine.

spyderchick

Quote from: gpz11 on March 13, 2008, 01:00:17 PM
Here's my crank fresh from Falicon. It's almost to pretty to put in the engine.

I can tell from that photo that you're a cheater! :err:  :biggrin:  :lmao:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

gpz11

Naw, the wife knows about it.  :biggrin:

Quote from: spyderchick on March 13, 2008, 01:14:48 PM
I can tell from that photo that you're a cheater! :err:  :biggrin:  :lmao: