To catch a cheater

Started by mdr14, February 16, 2008, 01:50:10 PM

Super Dave

Well, what are the teams going to do?  Are they going to race ASRA? 

This IS the last year that the AMA will do anything other than putting a stamp on the series for the new promoter in 2009.
Super Dave

weggieman

We already have a rule book for '09. If AMA has any balls they will stand by that for '09. It's too late to give up that book to a new promoter now.

I can see factories pulling out if they do that. They are already unhappy with what's going on.

StumpysWife

Isn't this an interesting conversation now...

Super Dave

Dunno.  Pretty easy for anyone reasonable to measure a homologated crank, look at a book and see the wear limit, and then check the one in the bike. 

Having the balls to make the decision to hold the only professional motorcycle road racing series in the US to a standard that reasonable, I think that's a bigger deal. 

Glad Kaiser put Jim and his guys in position, and I'm glad that the AMA finally is standing next to their rule book. 
Super Dave

Team_Serpent

So if Jim is now a technical inspector does that mean he and/or 4&6 will not be competing at AMA events?

Didn't know if someone would look on something like that as a conflict of interest.

weggieman

Jim no longer works for Safety First

spyderchick

Quote from: weggieman on March 11, 2008, 06:13:49 PM
Jim no longer works for Safety First

I think what Jason was asking was whether Jim's shop does any prep work for any AMA rider. Legitimate question. Maybe Jim will be by to explain.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

racerhall

Jim works on Scott Ryans bikes and he races ama
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Jeff

Jim does still own the shop and the shop still does build motors as well as perform other work for bikes that may/can/will be used in the AMA.

Conflict of interest?  I can't say.  Obviously Keith Kizer knows what Jim does outside of the AMA, and will make sure that things in Tech are handled objectively.  Whether it's another inspector inspecting a bike of Jim's shop, or whatever.

I do definitely agree that it raises an eyebrow, and I'm sure that Jim knows this as well...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

It's obvious that the AMA knows this.

He certainly builds other motors and chassis that we don't know about too. 

Are private riders the ones with access to special parts, tooling, and coatings that are by design supposed to be stealthy?  No.  Privateer cheating is usually simple.  750 in a 600, 1100 in a 750, use of Scotchbright. 
Super Dave