RE-U-NITED hey heeeey... (pics)

Started by OmniGLH, March 03, 2003, 10:04:14 PM

OmniGLH

You know that feeling you get, when your girlfriend (or boyfriend if you swing that way... ;)) is gone for 6 months studying overseas, and you see her again for the first time?

*sniffle*... sorry, I'm getting a little choked up here... it's just that I haven't seen my baby looking this good in probably 6 months  ;)

Here she is a few months ago, before heading off to the welder to have the subframe tabs tacked back on.

Motor and wiring harness in.  I learned it's a lot easier to have somebody help you get it in... especially since when you get it in and bolted down, you realize you have to take it back out again because you forgot to route the wiring harness between the starter and the frame  :mad:  Thanks again DanO  :)

Leftover parts.....  ;)

Ahhh yes, the zip tie... the ultimate in weight reduction.  There are close to a dozen of them hiding in the 1st pic, can you find them all?  :D

So, who's still got their bike still apart?  SLACKERS!   ;)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

diesel748

That looks MINTY FRESH I finished my bike sunday afternoon. The rattle can paint on mine looks a bit inferrior compared to that pretty silver on yours. The countdown has started for me 8 days untill I leave for Texas world speedway. ( LSTD & CMRA )

tigerblade

Mine's apart but it's going to get worse before it gets better.   :o
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

DanO966

Ya Jimmy I know.  
My so call race bike is still a brand spank'n new street bike w/ 50 or so miles on it.  I guess that I should get going on the conversion to race-bike.  ;D
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

MZGirl

Right there with ya Jim.  ;)

Sad little MZ sitting in a corner waiting for an engine.

The "new" engine that just arrived last Monday.

Just a few more odds & ends and it will be good to go.  Can't wait for the season to start!!!

Elaine

Speedballer347

GREAT pix Jim!

Yeah, you are almost ready 8)
My head/valves just got sent out, and I still need to do a frame swap....so, I'll be scrambling at the midnight hour....again :D
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

DanO966

QuoteI'll be scrambling at the midnight hour....again :D
That's too funny...lol maybe you should join jim and I in a race team we'll name it wait until the last second racing...lol :P
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

OmniGLH

QuoteGREAT pix Jim!

Yeah, you are almost ready 8)
My head/valves just got sent out, and I still need to do a frame swap....so, I'll be scrambling at the midnight hour....again :D

LOL!!!!

DanO is right... you could join our team and fit right in....

Up Until 4am The Night Before Racing
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Speedballer347

QuoteThat's too funny...lol maybe you should join jim and I in a race team we'll name it wait until the last second racing...lol :P
David/Robbie Lacavich and Jason Quilman are "Always Late Racing" :D

Hey DanO, shoot me an email w/ your phone number 8) ...you too Jim
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

DanO966

Erik,

What's your e mail?  I got the one off of this site, I've sent you a couple of e mails but I don't know if you got them??  ???
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

DanO966

QuoteUp Until 4am The Night Before Racing
Hey that's pretty good there jim...lol
Maybe we'll call it up until 4am the night before with a flat tire and haven't gotten to Jewel yet racing....
LMFAO...
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

OmniGLH

QuoteHey that's pretty good there jim...lol
Maybe we'll call it up until 4am the night before with a flat tire and haven't gotten to Jewel yet racing....
LMFAO...

Hahhahahhahahaha LMAO!!!!

Yeah an example of last year's race schedule:

Monday:  Call Sharkskinz.  Place order for race plastics.  

Wednesday:  Plastics arrive.  Wait for DanO to get off of work at 7pm. Go to DanO's.  Set up makeshift paint booth with plastic sheets and tarps in garage.  Rush out to paint store before it closes... spend an hour deciding what color to go with.  Go back to DanO's.  Start sanding.  Somewhere around 1am, ready to paint.  Start painting.  Finish painting around 5am.  Go home.  Take quick shower, get dressed, go to work.

Thursday:  After work go to sticker shop.  Get stickers.  Go to DanO's.  Wet-sand freshly painted plastics.  Start applying stickers and number plates.  Finish around 4am.  Go homeand pass out.

Friday:  Wake up 1.5 hours later, at 6am.  Take shower, hop in truck, head to track for open track day.

That just about sums up our typical race weekend.  I won't even go into our adventures in trying to get to Grattan... or the fact that we waited until midnight to LEAVE for RA last year....
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak