News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MICHELIN 2CT'S VS POWER RACE

Started by jwibb, February 13, 2008, 12:40:07 PM

jwibb

just looking for some advise from anyone that uses michelin.  This is going to be my first year racing and im trying to decide if i should use the power race or if the 2cts will work fine since im just starting racing.  I used the 2cts all last year doing track days and never really had any issues with them, at blackhawk farms I ran between 1:20 and 1:25.  I dont know if I switch to the power race my times would be a little better or if I can still improve on the 2cts.

Protein Filled

The PR's will have more grip, but the 2CT's are a great tire with loads of grip. I know guys who have raced with the 2TC's and done well. I believe Dave got down to 1:12's when testing a set, but you can overheat them and get them all greasy when the pace gets going fast.

What bike are you running?
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Super Dave

I didn't go that fast.  I did mid thirteens at Blackhawk on the old R6.  That was after three days of testing when we finally put a time on them, and they were only Pilot Powers.  I went a couple seconds faster on the current race tire that same weekend.
Super Dave

jwibb

06 gsxr 600, how long do the PR's take to get up to temp, on the 2CT's it seemed that they warmed up very quick

Super Dave

I use tire warmers to race.  Really, that's the best thing to do.  If you can wait while racing for tires to warm up, it will probably take about a lap and a half, or maybe less for a front to warm up.  Rears take less time. 
Super Dave