Need Race Bike Transportation to Daytona for CCS/ASRA Races from North Jersey

Started by onedwn5up, February 13, 2008, 12:34:25 PM

onedwn5up

Just what the title says. I am going to Daytona to help my dad out by bringing several motorcycles to the big annual auction down there. Only problem is, I cannot fit my bike in the trailer now. So I am looking for someone to transport my racebike down there in time for the CCS/ASRA races that start on Feb 29th, with the 28th being the practice day. I am obviously more concerned with having the bike there in time for the races friday.

I live in North Jersey but will deliver my bike to you wherever need be and I can contribute to your gas bill or figure out someway to help you out. It could also be something simple like providing you some service when you get back. It's up to you. I am just stressing on finding transportation since pre-registration closes soon.

If you can help me out, or know someone who can, please email me at eric@teamsampsonracing.com

Thanks a bunch and I truly appreciate anyones help!

Garywc

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

onedwn5up

tire service, race prep, parts, maint and build services. PM me your info and I can give you a call if you would like.

Garywc

if i was pulling my trailer i would have room but i am just putting my bikes in the back of the truck to save some money on this rediclusly expense week
get a hold of larry from tpm he might have room
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

ahastings

I can fit one more bike, I definitely could use some help with fuel money. I also have room in my RV if you need a place to stay. I live in near Baltimore, MD though might be kind of far for you. If interested email me at ahastings1@yahoo.com and we can figure out a price depending on what you need.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

onedwn5up

Quote from: ahastings on February 14, 2008, 10:18:33 AM
I can fit one more bike, I definitely could use some help with fuel money. I also have room in my RV if you need a place to stay. I live in near Baltimore, MD though might be kind of far for you. If interested email me at ahastings1@yahoo.com and we can figure out a price depending on what you need.
Hey Arnie, I'm not sure if that will work but I will keep this in mind. Baltimore is like 4 hrs south of me though so I am going to see if I can find an option closer to me. But even if I do, I might still take you up on the rv offer. I just have to get a couple other things in order first so I might be in touch soon.

ahastings

Ok, just let me know. If you need to you could drop off your bike ahead of time at my house.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports

kl3640

I have a friend coming down from Central NJ.  He may have a spot and would surely welcome a few bucks extra gas money.  He'll be coming down in time for Team Hammer on Thurs.

The only problem is that he'll probably be leaving to head home on Sunday before the start of the MotoST, likely during lunch - is that too early for you?  Or do you only need one way transport anyway, since your dad may sell a bike and you'll have room to bring your own back up North?

I'll ask him anyway - may be a moot point if he doesn't have room; but let me know if the timing works for you.

onedwn5up

Quote from: ahastings on February 14, 2008, 02:50:39 PM
Ok, just let me know. If you need to you could drop off your bike ahead of time at my house.

its really more of a question if the bike I want to bring will be ready or not.

onedwn5up

Quote from: kl3640 on February 14, 2008, 04:17:18 PM
I have a friend coming down from Central NJ.  He may have a spot and would surely welcome a few bucks extra gas money.  He'll be coming down in time for Team Hammer on Thurs.

The only problem is that he'll probably be leaving to head home on Sunday before the start of the MotoST, likely during lunch - is that too early for you?  Or do you only need one way transport anyway, since your dad may sell a bike and you'll have room to bring your own back up North?

I'll ask him anyway - may be a moot point if he doesn't have room; but let me know if the timing works for you.
That would be perfect. It's not an issue with him leaving on Sunday at all. I don't really need the bike once the ccs/asra races are done on sunday. I could keep it but I would basically be gambling on having trailer space after the bikes sell at auction and wouldn't know what to do with it for two days.

kl3640

Quote from: onedwn5up on February 14, 2008, 05:08:11 PM
That would be perfect. It's not an issue with him leaving on Sunday at all. I don't really need the bike once the ccs/asra races are done on sunday. I could keep it but I would basically be gambling on having trailer space after the bikes sell at auction and wouldn't know what to do with it for two days.

OK - I'll ask him if he has room for one more bike, and get back to you (hopefully tonight).

kl3640

Talk about bad timing...

...I just talked to my friend and his truck just broke down!  He's got to either fix it or find another ride himself.  If the former is the case, then I'll let you know and he may be able to help out still.

I'll let you know when I hear from him.

onedwn5up

ahastings

I might be able to meet you in Deleware as I have to pick up another bike there if that will help. I should be going up there next weekend on the 23rd or 24th.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports