Need 2 or 3 riders for 3 hour Steel Shoe Ice Race

Started by grasshopper, February 05, 2008, 02:20:17 PM

grasshopper

The race is scheduled to run at noon on this Sunday February 10th. My friend Ryan and I both have bikes set up ready to go with fenders and Fredette tires. There is no way in hell either of us can do the entire race by ourselves. Ryan has a KTM125 2 stroke and I have a KX250. If you're from the area, a confident rider and interested shoot me a PM. It should be a fun time.

I just thought I'd throw the offer out to the CCS crowd. Everyone I ask looks at me like I'm freakin nuts. Ice racing? That's way too cold and crazy for me! That's the typical answer I get.

SO COME ON!!!! Who's got the balls?

Jeff

Where is it? 
How much do you want people to throw in?
How well do you want to do?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

grasshopper

Sorry Jeff. The race is near Fort Atkinson Wi. If we can get 4 guys/gals on each of our teams. A total of 6 more riders including Ryan and I it's 30 bucks a person.

For anyone that doesn't know the details about he ice race are here.

http://www.dieseljo.com/index_3hour.htm

grasshopper

I don't care how good we do. I just want to go out and have fun.

grasshopper

Jeff

Actually the 'how you want to do' is a good question.  There are some seriously hard-core guys out there, and you don't want people out of their league on a given team.

Let me see what I've got going on.  I could come out and help you bring home a mid-pack finish. LOL.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

grasshopper

I'm a pretty confident rider myself. But I'm not going to kill myself riding for 3 hours straight. I've got a brand new set of chicken fingers from Tammy Olsen for the bike as well to keep the hands nice and toasty.

Cyklracer

Damned!!  I alway seem to be busy that weekend. :wtf:  I will be on my way down to Dallas to pick up a new lightweight bike for this season.  Highly recommed anyone interested to take him up on the offer - great way of getting an intense experience on how a sliding bike feels.  Actually I take that back - stay home so I can keep moving up the ranks this year.   :kicknuts:

weggieman

I checked with the powers that be tonight for the ice conditions at Koshkonong and they say.........plenty of ice and plows will be out.

Weather man says it's gonna be cold Sunday, a high of 14 here in Milwaukee so probably colder at the lake.

See you there. I'll be the guy waving the flags at start finish as usual.

gntbldr

If you still need a rider for sunday give me a call. I'll pm you my number.
I used to ride on the ice with Mike and Tammy down in Delavan.

grasshopper

Cool! We have 2 recruits as of rite now and room for 2 maybe 3 more people who want to ride.

Again, we have 2 machines. A KTM 125 SX and Kawasaki KX250. And can have 4 riders per team.

Beer drinking will begin promptly after the race is done.

Boober

It`s gonna take a bulldozer to get a track out there!! 12 inches of wet heavy stuff now and temps are gonna drop!