News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Jennings

Started by MUZ720, February 04, 2008, 08:35:32 AM

MUZ720

Hello all,
I am looking at doing another road trip again this year. After my interesting trip to VIR(Awesome Track Very nice people ) last year I am looking into going somewhere else this year. 
Any input into Jennings over Summit or Carolina??    Thanks
Jim

Toy Store

We run Jennings quite a bit. The operators do a really good job with keeping the day flowing smoothly. It is a nice track that flows nicely, and has plenty of grip. No cars run there, so the pavement isn't "jacked-up. either." You will want to stay a few exits north of the track if you're going to get a hotel though; the Lake Park Inn is a seedy. I hope this helps.
Patrick
www.superbiketoystore.com

RSimmons

I love Jennings! I've made it a tradition to make the pilgrimage down there a few times over the winter to get my fix. I went in January and will be back down Mar. 8-9.
It is a very fun track combining a fast front section with a tight technical back section.
I'll agree with Toy Store, staying a bit north is advised. There are a number of choices for accomodations and restaurants up toward Valdosta.
MW Am #377

MUZ720

Thanks guys but I am also looking for info. on the other tracks one over the other kind of thing.     I hope to do the May weekend.  Does anyone know if their is a standard racing schedule  for Jennings??   i
Thanks Again

Toy Store

They run just about every weekend, Fri-Mon. Here's their schedule- http://www.jenningsgp.com/
Patrick
www.superbiketoystore.com

MELK-MAN

Florida is not a bad place to be in the winter months.. My vote would be for heading to JenningGP 8) Linky to site is above, and like they said, there are ALOT of track days. Races are held by CCS in April and may with points paid to SE and FL regions..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

kl3640

Quote from: MUZ720 on February 04, 2008, 08:35:32 AM
Hello all,
I am looking at doing another road trip again this year. After my interesting trip to VIR(Awesome Track Very nice people ) last year I am looking into going somewhere else this year. 
Any input into Jennings over Summit or Carolina??    Thanks
Jim

I can only speak for Summit Main - personally, I don't think that CMP is a fun a track as Summit (or in as nice a shape).  Jennings is very technical track, and also lots of fun (and in very good shape).  I think that getting fast at Jennings helps riders to go faster elsewhere, because it's so technical.  So I think that Jennings or Summit is the way to go for you (over CMP), but between the two of them, you have to decide what kind of track you want to ride; again, Jennings GP is more technical.  Summit  has a bit more in the way of facilities, paved pit areas, etc., and is generally a little bigger.  Jennings is more out in the boonies, but as others have pointed out, the track itself is very nice.  As for schedule, Jennings has something going on almost every weekend (either a track day or local races or CCS/WERA event).  You can check their schedules on their respective websites.

MUZ720

stickboy274

CMP has recently been changed. Look here for some info on it.

http://www.stickboyracing.com/stickforum/viewtopic.php?t=399
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

MUZ720

looks interesting and its closer also. thanks again for the imput.

stickboy274

I love riding both JGP and CMP. I'll ride either any chance I get.
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

cardzilla

I love CMP and I can't wait to see the improved version... my only complaints with the track were addressed with the new sections.  It feels like a proper race track and I'd rank it up there with Roebling and Road Atlanta as my favorites.  I'm in the minority when it comes to Jennings because I really dislike it.  I always feel cramped and uncomfortable, and I don't feel the track has a satisfying flow to it.  Of course that could just be me :)  I'd recommend CMP over Jennings and I'd throw out there that you should do Road Atlanta at least once in your life too.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike