News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Q re: CRG Roll-a-Click Brake Lever for GXSR-600

Started by Gxsr_Sarge, February 03, 2008, 07:12:03 PM

Gxsr_Sarge

Fellow racers: I just received and installed this slick brake lever (Part #RN-511) on my bike and found that even at the furthest setting, it crushes my fingers while braking - it's obviously not meant to be like this (I put the OEM lever back on).  I think the issue is that on this lever, there is a big relief (i.e., a "hole") where the master cylinder plunger goes in and thus the brake lever has to be pressed an extra cm or two before it even touches the plunger and initiates the braking.  The OEM lever has a round ball that is inside that takes up the space.  Is there a part missing or am I missing something?  Any similar experiences? 

Best to all!  Have fun this upcoming year!

kl3640

Hi, I used the same part without any problem, albeit on a 750.  Still, I believe that the brake components are identical between the two bikes.

Maybe there's a problem with your brake plunger?  Mine doesn't have as large of a gap as you're describing.  The gap on mine is <1cm.

Maybe there is a problem with your brake perch?

Gxsr_Sarge

Backmarker, thanks for the response.  I'll look into that as well but somehow I think I may be missing a piece on the lever - there is just way to much "slack" on the CRG lever as compared to the stock lever. 

Toy Store

That is definitely NOT supposed to be, I would contact CRG and tell them your deal.

CONSTRUCTORS RACING GROUP

TEL: (831) 763-7811
FAX: (831) 763-7788

E-mail: info@crgmoto.com

Patrick
www.MotorcycleToyStore.com
Patrick
www.superbiketoystore.com

Gxsr_Sarge

Patrick,  thanks.  I just called them and it turns out that I was missing a part.  The box was sealed and CRG was nice enough to send that part via 2-day mail.  This is one of those few times it was a simple answer!

Toy Store

Cool! They've always been pretty helpful to me and figured they'd extend the graciousness.
Patrick
www.superbiketoystore.com