Started by Super Dave, March 02, 2003, 12:08:49 PM

Super Dave

ThunderBike, 6 laps (red flagged)
1. Dave Estok, Buell
2. Joseph Rozynski, Buell
3. Richie Morris, Buell
4. Arthur Wagner Jr., Honda 600
5. Derek Keyes, Suzuki SV650

Cool an SV and a Honda 600.  Maybe a CBR600F2?
Super Dave

EX#996

QuoteThunderBike, 6 laps (red flagged)

CBR600 F2? -   Could be.

Why was it red flagged?  Did a Harley dump oil on the track?   ;)

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteThunderBike, 6 laps (red flagged)
1. Dave Estok, Buell
2. Joseph Rozynski, Buell
3. Richie Morris, Buell
4. Arthur Wagner Jr., Honda 600
5. Derek Keyes, Suzuki SV650

Most likely a F2 ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

motomadness

I read that it was red flagged because of an oil spill.  Did Rhiannon go to Daytona for this race?

spyderchick

Rhiannon went, she saw, she conquered. Qualified 28th on Dean's trusted F2, finished 22nd in the rain. Not bad for the first time in that class. Got some attention with her aggressive riding in the wet as well. If only she had a few more laps...
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

motomadness

Baltobuell

I wasn't sure wether to put this in life or here but. Doug's Daytona trip.
 Get late start so I miss the Team Hammer day.
 Wake up Thursday to rain, run gentle practice.
 Friday- rain, don't even unload.
 Saturday, raining AM, I know I can't stay for Thunderbike Sunday and make deal to loan bike to pro once I'm done. Afternoon, finally sunshine, sighting lap then the green flag. Great start from row 15 and get past a crowd in 1&2. Enter horseshoe in 6th and see skidding yellow blur crossing in front of me. Wake up in Halifax. Out for over 20 minutes but kind of remember parts of ambulance ride. No one can find my glasses so now the world is fuzzy. Son says pro is going to fix bike and we pull out. Geeze, what a trip. The bright spots, getting to spend time with my son as he was trapped by the rain, not getting really hurt, getting home and finding out Richie took 3rd on my bike!

Dawn

Doug:

Glad to hear your OK.  Crashing sucks, there is no two ways about it.

Dawn   :)

Baltobuell

Thanks Dawn. As far as Harleys dumping oil, I can't figure that out. It's the same guys year after year that have problems and it ruins their weekend too. I know they are very good attentive mechanics. I know their are bigger minds than mine trying to figure it out. Certain bikes just apparently decide to belch oil during the race. I've seen guys run hard practicing all weekend, then 6 laps racing and Burrp, red flag. I guess I'm lucky I haven't had to deal with that issue. I wouldn't mind seeing a empty 2 quart resivoir added to tec since the bellypan seems pretty useless with a dry sump. The oil blows out the tank under the seat so a relief tank behind the number plate would seem more effective. On behalf of all the embarassed Buell riders that put down oil, Sorry about that. I know they didn't mean it.