Daytona question (camping question mainly)

Started by eightonezero, January 26, 2008, 09:00:31 PM

eightonezero

I"ll be staying in the camping area at Daytona.  Can I get in past 6pm?

Also, I'm flying in and having a taxi drive me to the track.  WIll the driver be able to take me right to the camping area? Or will I have to meet the dude outside the gate?

thanks

LilJayRR

Yes you can get into the camping area all night long, just not into the pits and garage area's. The airport is right accross the street, I think you could get pretty close to the camping area but not completly there. I've never came in from the 'main gate' where all the stuff (vendors and displays) is at up on international blvd, I've always came in on the side where registration is and from there it is a good walk (but not too bad) to the camping area.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

ghost05

I thought the 'camping area' was outside the gates? So, it's inside the track, but outside of the paddock areas?

Is the price for camping still like $400 (for the week) or something? Did we get a 3 day camping package worked out yet?

mikendzel

Per Eric Kelcher:
"Sorry been a bit buried.

Tent camping your gate passes is your admision for tent camping. Nothing special there.

trailers can be parked/backed up in front of garage max length ~20' (depends on tongue length and rear trailer doors not pushing the trailer out into the fire lane)

Why is the RV for the full bike week? It is done by Daytona but there are compgrounds near the track that do rent for shorter periods of time

I am working on the rest of motel deals for all venues/dates hope to have that all posted by Wed. "

eightonezero

so the airport (DBIA) is directly across from the track?  That will make things a bit easier for me

erock768

That is correct. The track basically backs up to the airport. Theoretically, you could walk from the airport to the turn 4 tunnel relatively easily and it wouln't be that bad of a walk.
Eric Moore Racing LLC
CCS / USGPRU  Ex # 768
diesel killer

LilJayRR

Quote from: ghost05 on January 27, 2008, 12:49:16 AM
I thought the 'camping area' was outside the gates? So, it's inside the track, but outside of the paddock areas?

Correct, the camping area is inside the track but not inside the pits. If you need to do any work to your bike in the evening you have to pack up and take everything you might need with you outside the garage/pits and pack it up and take it back in the morning, which blows if you need to do this!!!
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft