Ducati 1st in WSB? Now Spoiler kind of

Started by Gixxer124, March 02, 2003, 08:14:41 AM

Gixxer124

Who thinks a Ducati will win the first WSB race? Kind a looks like AMA 750 Supersport don't it?

Nate R

Actual results:

Ducati gets first 6 positions in race 1. Ducati wins race 2.  ::)
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

grim_racer

anybody know when the replay is? I missed it. :(

r1owner

Were there any other make of bikes on the track!?

Jesus, EVERYONE was riding a Ducati.

I saw one Suzuki, and the Petronas bike.

BTW if the 1000 wasn't running restrictors, I don't think Ducati would be leading as much.  Might as well call it World Nasbike racing.  ::)

1000cc is 1000cc!  Run what ya brung!

MightyDuc Racing

There were a couple R1's (one of them took a tumble in race 1), but they were having handling problems supposedly.  Also, I think there was a privateer Honda somewhere in the back.  I just wish I knew why I have to watch WSBK to see a Duc on the top of the podium.  We'll see what happens here this year.  I think Russell would've had a great year on the Duc if his unfortunate incident hadn't happened.  Maybe Gobert is what Ducati needs over here.  Or maybe Pegram will be able to be competitive for an entire race instead of just the firt half.  Got my fingers crossed.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Woofentino Pugrossi

Anyone notice that the 999 sounded like a Civic with a fart can? ;D ;D ;D Just add double decker wing, offset stripe and Nopi logos and your set. ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

motomadness

Quote1000cc is 1000cc!  Run what ya brung!

This is not true.  The configurations (V-twin vs I4) may offer similar torque levels, but the hp differences can be huige, not to mention the rev limits.  The 1000cc I4 have to be restricted or they would blow everything away with the right racer.

The hp claims of the 998 Duc were someting like 184hp, where the GSXR 1000 superbikes are something like 200hp.  Unrestricted, and with a seemingly unlimited budget, I'm sure 200hp would be just a minimum, then all of the V-twins would be at a total loss, which would kill Ducati's market share.  

Why don't we ask the real question?  Why does the AMA Superbike series have the most parity in brands and very close competition at all of the tracks.  Obviously the AMA's former formula worked quite well to give all of the brands and engine configurations a chance at winning on any given Sunday.  I'm sure this enhanced showroom sales in the US as well.  However, if you were not racing a Duc. in the British or World SBK series, you didn't stand much of a chance at even finishing in the top five, unless Honda wanted to lay claim to another title chase.  I think it's really a sign of where companies believe their strongest markets are, and how much bang for the buck they get for their racing programs.  

Let's also face the fact that customers with $82k can buy a privateer Duc superbike, albeit last years works machine, with a good assortment of "go-fast" parts.  Will Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki sell the average privateer their "A" or "B" kit parts, even if you have the money?  Probably not.  Furthermore, there are ton of aftermarket parts manufacturers for Duc-ware, which also help enhance the performance of Joe-Sunday's bike.  

In the States, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki have the money to pay riders and provide bikes without the supplemental efforts of a local team.  If Ducati had a stronger presence in the US, like a manufacturing facility, then I am sure the bar would be raised.  It comes down to resources.  Chanlder did well last year in the US,  Ben Bostrom and Anthony Gobert did well several years ago on the Duc.  Hopefully they can show some dominance in the series this year, although the Bostrom's, Mladin and Yates are going to be hard to beat.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quoteanybody know when the replay is? I missed it. :(

I too missed all but the last 1/2 hour of race 2 because I didn't realize that WSB was already starting their season. If it's like last year SPEED channel will be replaying the races again this tuesday (2 wheel tuesday on SPEED).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

diesel748

I love Duc's I am even racing one this year but the other major manuf- have basically pulled out of WSB wich is a shame and I thought this is going to be pretty a weak 03 WSB year. Watching race one I was turned off by a duc, duc ,duc, duc, duc and did I forget to mention duc finish. Then it hit me I am watching racing and the things the riders are doing I can only dream of doing myself. I will watch the WSB coverage on speed not to cheer for a specific rider or bike but for the talent of all the riders.

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteI love Duc's I am even racing one this year but the other major manuf- have basically pulled out of WSB wich is a shame and I thought this is going to be pretty a weak 03 WSB year. Watching race one I was turned off by a duc, duc ,duc, duc, duc and did I forget to mention duc finish. Then it hit me I am watching racing and the things the riders are doing I can only dream of doing myself. I will watch the WSB coverage on speed not to cheer for a specific rider or bike but for the talent of all the riders.

Well put.  Did you see those guys sliding?  Man those bastards can ride!!!  I hope someday I can ride with just a fraction of that skill level and sheer dedication to the corners.  Neil Hodgson really deserves that factory ride, and he deserves to win every round if he can keep up that kind of pace.  I know I'll keep watching...even if you don't like Ducs (of course I love 'em), any road racing on TV is better than none.  I still watch my old tapes of Schwantz that I've seen a bazillion times.  Got him passing 4 bikes into the right hander at Le Mans on tape somewhere.  Oh yeah...Go Ducati!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: