CCS Amateur Daytona Results

Started by sdiver68, March 02, 2003, 07:17:22 AM

sdiver68

A couple of guys I recognize from the board deserve congrats!

Dafan Zhang
Mike Roeser ;)
MCRA Race School Instructor

ccs354

Bernie

ccs354

Why is it that we have to go to other websites to find results of our races??  

MightyDuc Racing

No comment.   :-/

By the way, anybody in FL region keep track of the points since there is no other way to tell?  I might be interested in doing it.  Maybe I'll call Henry when he gets back.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

r6_philly

hey thanks! I just got back 5 minutes ago. Did pretty well I think, led the Sportbike race for 2 laps until the eventual winner drafted me on the 3rd lap. My 99 R6 can't keep up :( I would get down to 1 second in turn 1 and at the chicane, but loose him on the banking. So is the story for the entire weekend. I was happy to get that 2nd though, Its my first top 5 weekend, and I actaully led at Daytona!!! Good feeling.

Hope everyone else made home safely. I lost my ATM card, my trailer lights, and one of my headlights. Took 30 hours and help from a friend to get home (I had no cash and can't get to my bank account). But all in all, as in Daytona fashion, it was exciting!

MELK-MAN

Quotehey thanks! I just got back 5 minutes ago. Did pretty well I think, led the Sportbike race for 2 laps until the eventual winner drafted me on the 3rd lap. My 99 R6 can't keep up :( I would get down to 1 second in turn 1 and at the chicane, but loose him on the banking. So is the story for the entire weekend. I was happy to get that 2nd though, Its my first top 5 weekend, and I actaully led at Daytona!!! Good feeling.

Hope everyone else made home safely. I lost my ATM card, my trailer lights, and one of my headlights. Took 30 hours and help from a friend to get home (I had no cash and can't get to my bank account). But all in all, as in Daytona fashion, it was exciting!

sounds like a pretty good finish!! nice one..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

OmniGLH

Don't forget the 3rd member of Kingpin Racing's drinking team, Mike Roeser!  Congrats to him on a 4th place finish in HWSB!!!!
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

rpsez

QuoteWhy is it that we have to go to other websites to find results of our races??  

I was thinking the same damn thing.

[rant] I'm planning on going for SE points this year, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay this much to race, and have some half-a$$ed.... nevermind. [/rant]

I did something about it: I took pictures of all of the race results and posted them on my website. I'm planning on doing some OCR stuff and getting this into a more streamlined format (.xls or .mdb or .htm), but for now, you can check out the pics. (I'm planning on being at all the SE region CCS races -- so I should have results from those posted a day or so after we race ...)

http://www.rollingchicane.com/pictures/daytona/index.htm

Rick

StuartV666

QuoteI'm planning on doing some OCR stuff and getting this into a more streamlined format (.xls or .mdb or .htm), but for now, you can check out the pics. (I'm planning on being at all the SE region CCS races -- so I should have results from those posted a day or so after we race ...)
Rick

What a geek... errr uhh.. good idea! I wish I had thought of that. ;-) BTW, Am Unl GP on Sunday was a CCS race, so you're missing one set of results to be "complete".

- Stu

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteHope everyone else made home safely. I lost my ATM card, my trailer lights, and one of my headlights. Took 30 hours and help from a friend to get home (I had no cash and can't get to my bank account).

I had good luck too!!!  

I found an ATM card, hired a shipping company, a limo to take me to the airport, where I took the Concorde home and was back the same night.

Ahhhhh....life is good. ;D ;D ;D

rpsez

QuoteWhat a geek... errr uhh.. good idea! I wish I had thought of that. ;-) BTW, Am Unl GP on Sunday was a CCS race, so you're missing one set of results to be "complete".

- Stu

Right you are!! I mistakenly assumed (I know... I know... ASS U ME) that all the races on Sunday were FUSA. I'm just figuring out what I'm doing here so cut me some slack!!  ;D

... and, for the record, Stu's the one that came up with the OCR idea...

Proud to be a geek!!  ;D ::)
Rick