Procrastination doesn't pay.

Started by Gixxer124, March 01, 2003, 06:51:13 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Quote(Those old water buffalo's don't handle too well, do they. And for you punks, thats a 1975 3 cylinder, water-cooled 2 stroke that weighed almost 600 pounds.)

Ha!  My father just gave away an old zuk that was rotting away on the side of the house.  It had Mikunis on it and a custom black paint job with a quarter fairing.  I rode that bike a bit while I was in my late teens.  Wouldn't turn compared to newer stuff, but in it's hayday it was supposedly the best.  1975 GT750 that he bought new when I was about a month old.  I could drag just about everything (including 2 of the 3 pipes)in the turns and still power whellie out when it came on the pipe.  If anybody wants to learn to ride faster, get one of those big behemoths and try going fast.  I never went down on it, but came really close a ton of times (it handles pretty well in the grass dodging mailboxes).  Nothing I've heard to this day sounded as sweet as that bike when it came on the pipe.  We used to get more attention at Bike Week with that thing than just about every other bike there.  "What the Hell is that?"  was the common question.  I miss that old bike.  Quite a first street bike to have. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Eddie#200

QuoteCan I play with you guys if I ride a really, really old bike?

Like a 1977 Honda CB360? ;D

Super Dave

Um, three cylinder two stroke is right.  I think the frame is a '74.

Maybe this link will work.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114324
Super Dave

Speedballer347

QuoteI've been picturing these insane, 5 to 8 bike battles for only 5 trophies, and it's had me GRINNING!![/b]
If I am not mistaken, doesn't Mark Oldham( :o ) run F40?
Even Super_Dave would say he's fast ;D

Good luck guys 8)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Super Dave

He was a fast expert in 1987 when I started.
Super Dave

r1owner

QuoteThink about it, Kevin.  Me, You, Eddie Bingham, the Schock brothers, Dean Hagaman...  What a bunch of fast guys are going to be in Expert F40 this year!  And sitting there with a huge target on his back is Rick (Bossman) Brewer!  Oh, the drama!
This has been the winter of my discontent.  Work has really sucked.  Fantasizing about the crazy-fast crowd in EXF40 for 03 has been the only thing that has gotten me through.  Honestly, this is the reason that I've been busting your balls so bad about staying yellow.  I've been picturing these insane, 5 to 8 bike battles for only 5 trophies, and it's had me GRINNING!!!  There's just nothing better than a BATTLE!!!  That's why I'm so dissappointed that you won't be joining us in the white plate crowd.  Your competition will be missed.
OK, enough mushy stuff.  Back to ball busting.  Planning to enter F40 amateur AGAIN this year so you can DEFEND your TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS?  Anticipating any super-talented young 40 year old beginners to show up and give you some competition?  Do I smell cherry pie baking? ;D  Hey!  Maybe I should call CCS and ask them if I can retain my amateur status so you'll have someone to race with!!!  Would I like to show up at Daytona ROC this fall as a FORMULA 40 AMATEUR?!!!  Nah.  I'll go white.  I like COMPETITION!!!

All I can say for you 40 year old amateurs is that you should be glad I was born in 65, and not 64, cause that championship would be mine!!!!!!   :P

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteCan I play with you guys if I ride a really, really old bike?
Go away Dave.  Next you'll be offering to ride with one hand tied behind your back...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

RC51Racer

QuoteAll I can say for you 40 year old amateurs is that you should be glad I was born in 65, and not 64, cause that championship would be mine!!!!!!   :P

I'm sure glad I took home my championship in '00... ;D

Mike

tzracer

ISTR that Dean Hs Bday isn't until near the end of the season. My Bday is in July and believe it or not I am older than he is. (Mark Stiles I don't think will be 40 until after the season is over)
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteISTR that Dean Hs Bday isn't until near the end of the season. My Bday is in July and believe it or not I am older than he is. (Mark Stiles I don't think will be 40 until after the season is over)

THANK YOU, GOD!!! Too dang many fast old guys around here already!!!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

Sheeeet, K3, you'll show 'em how it's done... 8)
Super Dave

Super_KC124

Update. Head is off. Preparing to disassemble. I wonder if my Yoshi cams will arrive in time for the first race???