Bridgestone Slicks

Started by clutch, January 19, 2008, 11:49:56 PM

clutch

Any opinions on the Bridgestone Slicks?

proechel539

pay more than anybody else. won a Moto GP championship. I ran a set last year that I got from Quentin at the beginning of the year, loved them, felt just as good if not better than the dunlops I ran the year before. Will definitely ride on them again.
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

gpz11

I've been very happy with them. I've ran them since '99. I also won a GP championship (AM Supertwins) with them. Came in 2nd in the Midwest and Blackhawk AM Supertwins classes also.

stickboy274

I'm a big fan of them, but I've been selling them since late '99.
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

ccs207

I've couple of sets of pirelli's left, but after that i'm thinking of giving these a try. How do they size up against the pirelli 120/70 and 160/60s as far as geometry changes?

stickboy274

I will have to look for the Pirelli sizes, but the Bridgestone slicks outer diameter is 600 front and 630 rear.
www.stickboyracing.com

MUZ720

Just to put my two cents in. I love The Stones! And the tires are kick ass also!
  Been using them on my SV for the last two years and can't say enough good things about em.    If you run a stock front end on your sv and depending on the track that you run you might try running a med. compound front and a soft rear. As the soft front are very  sticky  and overwhelm the stock forks and chatter big time and changing to the med. front fixed this issue!
This may go against what your local tire guy says? But it worked for me, but what works for me may not be good for you?  Again my Two cents.
Good Luck I don't think you will be disappointed running Bridgestone. 

stickboy274

The medium slick is also a completely different construction than the soft.
www.stickboyracing.com

clutch

I got the YDC slicks...supposed to be coparible to the Pirelli Blue

kl3640

Funny you should ask, because Valentino asked me that same exact question at the end of last season.  I told him to definitely switch to Bridgestones, so he took my advice and he insisted to Yamaha that he has to ride on Bridgestones this year.  So as a result, they'll have one rider on Bridgestones and the other (Lorenzo) on Michelins, and they'll put up "Chinese walls" to avoid and data leaking back and forth, etc, but in the end, he took my advice.  I hate for them to go to so much trouble, but I had to give it straight to Rossi.

Now on a serious note, I've heard really good things anecdotally about the Bridgestones for traction and feel, but I haven't heard anything about endurance/longevity vs Dunlops or the new Pirelli (not the old ones, which barely made a couple of sprints before they started getting greasy - and I'm pretty slow, so for me to notice that they must have really not lasted at all).  I'm not saying that they don't last as long as the Dunlops, I just haven't heard anything one way or the other.

MUZ720

I could get four sprint and two 20min GTL races plus six practice's out of a set and still have good feel and traction at the end on my sv and I run middle of the road times (19s-20s)at NHMS. so i feel they hold up very well. 
Your use may very!

stickboy274

I had a team win 600ss class in a 4 hour endurance with the other org at RRR last year. They ran 1 front and 2 rears and were turning :16's at the end of the race. They used medium compound front and rear, basically sprint tires for ho weather. They had some really good competition to deal with that weekend also. 
www.stickboyracing.com