News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Kevin Key Meets the President

Started by barb_arah, January 18, 2008, 06:54:13 PM

PaulV

Now that is really something Barb!!!!
Congrats to you guys, you should be very proud (I know you are...)
Just outstanding!

Paul
www.polar-optics.com
MW Ex 79
See Better, Ride Safer!

resurection

Good on all of them .

I've been surfing alot of forums this past 6months ,and ma'am I must say you bring to this forum the kind of spirit and comrade's that can't be found anywhere else .
My plan is to shake your hand someday.
Happy new year
  yours truly Gus

tug296

Thanks to your Son for his service to our country.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

barb_arah

Thanks, I'll pass it on to him.  What he's doing is important and I'm very proud of him. 
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

r1owner

For sure... just found out my brother is going back there again for 6 months... :(

Last time he was there, he was rappelling out of a helicopter at night when it came under fire... the pilot drug him and 3 other guys across some power lines that threw them all off.  He fell about 20-30 feet.  Broke his ankle real bad.

barb_arah

Wow, how is he now?  That sounds really bad.

r1owner

Quote from: barb_arah on January 26, 2008, 05:08:01 PM
Wow, how is he now?  That sounds really bad.

I don't think he healed completely, cause he wants to go back! :)

He had to have something like 3 operations on his ankle.  It's been about 2 years since then and I guess he's now well enough to go back over in combat.

Here's a picture of him doing some crazy stuff!  He's at the top on the left..  :ahhh:

r1owner

How long has your son been in the Navy?

funsizeracing

Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

barb_arah

My son joined the navy in June 2006, right out of high school.  He recently became a petty officer.  He's been doing quite well, and has been encouraged to attend officer training.  Not that I'm bragging or anything.  He's accomplished all this on his own through hard work  He was stationed in Virginia for a few months and has been in Bahrain since March 2007.

barb_arah

Wow!  That's a cool picture! I certainly couldn't do that, because I even have a problem going up in an elevator with a view to the outside.

r1owner

Quote from: barb_arah on January 26, 2008, 06:22:42 PM
Wow!  That's a cool picture! I certainly couldn't do that, because I even have a problem going up in an elevator with a view to the outside.

Ditto!

I hope your son gets into officer candidate school.  One thing that is true is that you can do whatever you want in the military.  My brother started out as a welder... went to diving school and learned all there is to know about that and from there is now a member of an EOD team.

My brother has been in the Navy going on about 25 years now.

I grew up an Air Force kid (Dad was in for 30 years), so I am familiar with their struggles.

I'm just glad there are people like your son and all the other military people that will go thru all the hardships they endure for America.  My hats off to all of them.