Started by firebolt, January 16, 2008, 07:20:18 PM

Super Dave

Ok, I had an SV styled fairing too.  I was wondering if the GSXR fairing with the ram air holes moved some more air in toward the air box.  If I were going to do it a second time, I would do that.
Super Dave

Fast4fun

Arnie,
  Keep us posted. It's a very exciting bike... I'm just glad your not in the mid west. I'm guessing it's stock. I'd be interested to see what potential can be uncorked. I like to see some non-jap bikes competing. Good luck.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

RCR_531

Hey Tim you need to change this "fast as finances allow".  Good to see that you are coming around again.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

JBraun

Quote from: Fast4fun on January 18, 2008, 10:10:50 PM
So it claims to make 134hp. In the real world I bet its just under 120 at the rear wheel which is much less than a GXR 750 and only slightly more than a SS legal 636. Considering the price of entry I doubt we'll even see one on the track much less winning anything. I think it'd be a great street bike though. Like my RC but 60 lbs lighter.

117 at the wheel according to ahastings and probably what, 60-65 lbs/ft of torque?
Very close to a stock GSX-R750, which makes about 125/52, and no where near a stock 600 at about 105/43.

This thing is gonna come out of the crate faster than a heavily modified 600.

I think it looks like an awesome bike, but it's no middleweight.

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Super Dave

Super Dave

jarelj

Quote from: Fast4fun on January 18, 2008, 10:10:50 PM
So it claims to make 134hp. In the real world I bet its just under 120 at the rear wheel which is much less than a GXR 750 and only slightly more than a SS legal 636. Considering the price of entry I doubt we'll even see one on the track much less winning anything. I think it'd be a great street bike though. Like my RC but 60 lbs lighter.

There will be at least one running ASRA and some CCS GP rounds, we have the bike being race-prepped in our shop right now.
Jarel
General Manager
Ducati Omaha / TrackAddix
Ducati Omaha

Sobottka

Quote from: JBraun on January 19, 2008, 06:57:31 PM
117 at the wheel according to ahastings and probably what, 60-65 lbs/ft of torque?
Very close to a stock GSX-R750, which makes about 125/52, and no where near a stock 600 at about 105/43.

This thing is gonna come out of the crate faster than a heavily modified 600.

I think it looks like an awesome bike, but it's no middleweight.

I agree! sweet bike, I'd love to have one but... not a middleweight. better suited for heavyweight
btw- my 06 r6 only made 115 hp on U4 112hp on pump gas
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Fast4fun

Sweet bike for sure! I'm surprised it's not getting more press. And, I'm not trying to put the 848 down. I'm just anxious to see it perform. So the speculation goes on... 600's in SS are puting out over 110 hp. I wonder if the 848, when equally uncorked, will be that much more competitive in the middleweight classes - especially superbike where 600's are at or near 120hp. (Nobody ever rides their superbike in supersport, that would be unsportsman-like). All my speculation is really a thin mask for my envy. I'd like to see more Euro bikes competing.

CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

Ducati23

We're sure the 848 is fast enough for MW battle, it simply needs a rider who can ride a twin well. Those things don't rev like 600 I4's do.  It will be very cool to have some twins mixed in with the screaming 4's. It should make the class grow and add some variety.  :thumb: 
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Jason748

I'm seriously considering one for next year - 09.  I grew up riding twins and current have a couple of ducs now but race a I-4.  I do miss riding a twin...
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

RSimmons

Quote from: Jason748 on January 20, 2008, 02:52:10 PM
I'm seriously considering one for next year - 09.  I grew up riding twins and current have a couple of ducs now but race a I-4.  I do miss riding a twin...

+1, but for this season. If I didn't have so much invested in my 749R, it would be nearly a done deal.
MW Am #377

backMARKr

Quote from: Jason748 on January 20, 2008, 02:52:10 PM

Trying to help you with that J...but 

"ooooo my collar bone's broken, I havin' a kid, my wife won't let me" :wtf:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13