News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

i dont know what is wron, please help me!!!

Started by dirtbikedude326, March 01, 2003, 09:29:55 AM

dirtbikedude326

hey,last year my friend was riding his yz 80 and it would not run at the end of the year, it would start but bogs down when you start it, and it does not stay running.if you know what is wrong please tell me.      thanks,   Jeff

Protein Filled

Sounds to me like the same thing that is wrong with your CR: bad muffler bearing. 2 strokes are known for throwingn them. Just ask Super_Duck. He runs a 2-stroke. Hey, when they go, they go...
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

sportbikepete

Litespeed

Take the carb out and clean it.  Also make sure to drain all of the old fuel out of the bike and use fresh stuff.  YOu will also want to verify that the reeds are still in tact, if they look questionable replace them.  If that all fails, do a compression test to verify you have compression...

TZDeSioux

agree.... bet it's the darn reeds but if it's not..... it has to be either the muffler bearings like Edgar said or the powerband is stretched out. You might also check to see if the bike has enough revs. If not.. go buy some revs and fill her up!

MightyDuc Racing

You should probably just scrap it and buy a new one.  Why don't you ship that one to me and I'll dispose of it properly.

;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MELK-MAN

2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

unforgivenracing

Yea, Even if its broke it can be 'pushed' faster then his Ducklings. ;D
QuoteYou should probably just scrap it and buy a new one.  Why don't you ship that one to me and I'll dispose of it properly.

;D
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

unforgivenracing

I'll go with the reeds as the problem, Tune up never was thought of as a bad thing ea ;)ther.
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn