Freddie Spencer Pro School

Started by jigs, January 15, 2008, 03:58:25 PM

jigs

Anyone done this?I'm going out for the January school,just curiuos on some input you may have.Ron Hix mentioned it takes a while to "own" the material,just looking for more tips to hopefully make it worth the $$$...thank's.

spyderchick

Be the bike.

:biggrin:

Seriously, just go out there and learn. Are you doing the 3 day school with the dirt bike day?
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

jigs

What are you Chevy Chase??Don't know anything about dirt bike's...don't think so...hey,you guy's comming up on Sat.night Alexa??

Firecat

Jigs,

See ya out in Vegas...i'm also doing the January pro school.
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

ronhix

Cool!  See ya there Jigs, I'll be doing the school in January as well.

The big thing is to come to learn.  Everybody gets yelled out with a bull horn.  I got yelled at a lot on my previous trip, but they were also yelling at Rob Jensen, Larry Denning and Jason DiSalvo so that made me feel a little better.  :)

My advice as a past student would be to take lots of good meticulous notes and make sure you ask questions if something is not clear.  These notes will be valuable to you as you go back and work on this stuff when you are doing a track day.

It is like trying to drink from a fire hose, so don't get frustrated and just try to get as much as you can so you will have some good stuff to work on throughout the 2008 season.

Also, be smart and gets lots of rest when not in the class.  It is Vegas after all, and late nights partying don't really bode well with learning.

Look forward to seeing you there, gonna be fun!
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

jigs

That's great new's Ronny!!Firecat,you and I will have to dine out a few time's...looking forward to it.I've never done a school like this and I'm really stoked,My cell number is 414-322-4077,I get in Teus. night,I assume you're staying at the Orlean's,let's get together outthere and have some fun.

jigs

Oh and yeah,don't plan on whoopin' it up much,eat,rest the usuall...I'm a lightweight anyway.

Firecat

Jigs,

I will give you a call over the next couple of days.

Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

Firecat

Ron,

Gave you a +1 on the applaud side...your looking a little heavy on the smites.
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

jigs

You got it,are you getting out Teusday night I assume?

xseal

I did the pro school in June in UT.  Was definitely the best school for experienced racers/riders.  I thought I'd be pretty fast, but was right in the middle.  A couple of the red bull rookies were there and they were blazing fast.

Lots of emphasis on trail braking. I thought I was trail braking, but it turned out that what I was doing was what they call merely "setting the geometry to turn." I definitely improved my technique and awareness of how much harder you can brake thru apex. 

Bikes were nicely set up.  Std thing, stay low key, don't overestimate your speed and listen.  Don't plan on seeing much of Freddie. He makes a couple appearances, but its really the Nick Ianitch and Jeff Haney school. That's fine, they are great riders and instructors.

mx558

That sounds like a cozy threesme. LOL

jigs

Thank's exseal,good info,and Hodges,I'm doing this just so I can stuff yer ass every chance I get!!See you Sat.

ronhix

Got your number Jigs, I should get to the hotel around 6:30pm or so.  I'll give you a call and we can grab some food.

See ya there!
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

jigs

Yeah for sure,just got off the phone with Brian,we're on the same flight,and will share a cab to the hotel and it's sound's like you're getting in about the same time,actually,what time are you getting in,we could wait...then we'll get some brub...gimme a shout and tlet me know when your flight gets in.