News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MA TBD any ETA?

Started by Z-man, January 10, 2008, 11:50:31 AM

ahastings

Oh, I get it, you will race at an unsafe track if it is a big event with a big turnout, but not a small event with low turnout. I agree Shenny isn't that great of a track to race on, but not for safety reasons. It is not any more unsafe than most of the  tracks we race on. I have raced there 4 times and within 1 second of the lap record, so I do have a little experience there. Even the fastest turn on the track -turn 1- pales in comparison to the speeds you will be running at Daytona approaching the walls.
Don't get me wrong, I am not dissapointed that it is off the schedule, but that is because it is not a good track to race on, it is too tight with limited passing opportunites, and not enough people show up to pay contingencies in a lot of classes. Plus it is 2 less rounds in an already busy Mid-Atlantic schedule. The unfortunate thing is now it will be harder to do well in points without running the southeast rounds(Daytona and Barber) that pay Mid-Atlantic points.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Z-man

Quote from: ahastings on January 14, 2008, 04:39:01 PM
Oh, I get it, you will race at an unsafe track if it is a big event with a big turnout, but not a small event with low turnout.

Please don't put words in my mouth.  While I didn't say Daytona was safe I also did not say that I felt it was unsafe.  You need to chose your battles and I do not have feelings one way or another about Daytona, so why would I fight Daytona.  Perhaps if I had had a low speed crash at Daytona and been lucky enough to get my body turned before going head first into the wall, I would feel differently like what happened to me at Shenandoah.   

The reason the number of participants matter is simple, CCS is running a business and at their busiest track they can't fill 10 people in a amatuer middleweight race.  CCS can't be making money, most everyone doesn't want to race there.  Why on earth is CCS racing there?  Obviously the consumer is speaking loudly, when on the main they have to turn people away on a good weekend.   So the number of people is only relavent to the business side of CCS and potentially lost revenue or lost racers, I know a few guys who left because of Shenadoah and now race WERA.  You can't please everyone but you gotta try to please some or maybe even most.

This is my last post on the topic, the track is not on the schedule so I don't feel the need to fight anymore

Z
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

Garywc

Quote from: Z-man on January 15, 2008, 07:02:40 PM
Please don't put words in my mouth. 

what can we put in your mouth?  :lmao:
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

steelcityracer

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on January 11, 2008, 06:52:20 PM
And run the risk of having event shut down by local authorities? Not a risk that we are willing to take, maybe the size or number of races there is what has kept the authorites from enforcing ordinances, we don't know.

Are you willing to drive there and be fined, thrown out of facilty or prevented from racing for a rule/law that even a stock exhaust bike cannot meet?

Sorry, but this is not a valid reason for not racing there.  I have ridden at sold out track days there, and in the 40 or so times that I have ridden and/or raced there noise has never been an issue.  I have seen Buels, Ducatis, all Japanese bikes, plus many others, and have seen just about every type of aftermarket exhaust used there.  Cars race there.  They have police training AT NIGHT WITH DYNAMITE EXPLOSIONS!  Not to mention the autocross (I heard the loudest caddilac of my life there-it was louder than a homstead unlimited gp race) 2 stroke go carts, rally, etc.  Noise is definatly not an issue there.  I live 45 minutes from the track, and have never heard of one single problem.

EL ZEE

How about it Eric...?

Night races with police chases and friggin dynamite explosions all at the same time!!!! How sick would that be?

cbrf4_269

And sand people on a hill shooting at us!!!

salvagerider

Figure eight track!!!!!   Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!

steelcityracer

BTW, i think that the final MA schedule is a good one.  I just wish that Beaverun was added to it.