News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MA TBD any ETA?

Started by Z-man, January 10, 2008, 11:50:31 AM

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: sv814 on January 11, 2008, 06:29:11 PM
CCS could race at Beaver Run...Track Day orgs do tons of days at the Beaver and WERA races there 2 x a year....all CCS has to do is BOOK THE DATES!!!!

And run the risk of having event shut down by local authorities? Not a risk that we are willing to take, maybe the size or number of races there is what has kept the authorites from enforcing ordinances, we don't know.

Are you willing to drive there and be fined, thrown out of facilty or prevented from racing for a rule/law that even a stock exhaust bike cannot meet?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

clutch

OK....I will continue to race there.  I think the Buells are what prevents it.  Just saying, we have been going there since 2003.

Garywc

eric,
how about nelson ledges or mid Ohio?
and did you mean the tba dates for the ma region are gone? as in 2 less dates for the season?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

leonea

we have been at beaverun when wera, the skid pad, and the cart track were all in full force. never an issue. i don't think there would be any problems with ccs running there event. the track and facilities are great.

book it!!!

Gixxerblade

Or how about CMP. That is truly a MA track. Mid-Ohio is more north track. (Meaning a long ass drive for me!) :)

Garywc

2 rounds at CMP  they dont get a good turn out at 1 i guess thats why they made it double points this season
i would try to make 2 rounds there its a good track
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776

Gixxerblade

Yeah bring a genny. They are building garages but @ $200 a pop for the weekend it may be a no-go unless we figure on how big they are and plan on sharing with a couple of other racers AKA Daytoner. I hear the new track management is trying to make it a better place for us motorcycle racers but I think they have a long way to go.

Z-man

Quote from: ahastings on January 11, 2008, 03:43:32 PM
Why would Shenandoah being on the schedule keep you from going to Daytona? At least Shenandoah is actually  in the MidAtlantic region of the USA unlike Daytona.

Simple, I don't think Shenandoah is safe, I won't race there.  If I'm missing two races already why bother driving 20 hours for a race WAY outside the mid atlantic and spend all the money it costs to go to Daytona.  Since we are just finding out now, I'm probably still going to miss Daytona, but assuming my finances are in order (aka I have enough credit) I'm going to try to race the rest of the series.

Z
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

leonea

Z,

i feel the same way. i won't race at shenandoah. of course nelson is a problem also so i try to do a little of both wera and ccs. doing that doesn't really help to chase points.

ahastings

You don't think Shenandoah is safe, but Daytona is, that is interesting. Missing a couple rounds for points isn't a big deal, I skipped Daytona(double points), Barber(twin sprints) , and Roebling last year and still did pretty well in points. Hardly anybody does all the rounds.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Z-man

Quote from: ahastings on January 14, 2008, 01:32:46 AM
You don't think Shenandoah is safe, but Daytona is, that is interesting. Missing a couple rounds for points isn't a big deal, I skipped Daytona(double points), Barber(twin sprints) , and Roebling last year and still did pretty well in points. Hardly anybody does all the rounds.

Didn't say I thought that Daytona was safe, it is what it is and we go there once, it is a huge event with a big turnout.  Shenadoah has two events and has had an extremely low turnout at a track that traditionally has one of the highest turnouts in the mid atlantic.  If no one is going, it isn't safe, then why race there?  Anyway, it isn't on the schedule this year so I'm off my Shenandoah soap box.

See you out there.
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

Garywc

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776