News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Where can I get some Pirelli Supercorsa Daytona compound tires?

Started by 2old2fat2slow, January 05, 2008, 11:21:18 PM

2old2fat2slow

I have heard there will be plenty at the track but I am new to this and would feel better about getting one set mounted up and ready now. Any ideas?
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

Super Dave

Sometimes the Daytona specific tires are only available at Daytona.  Usually related to how long it takes to develop the new tire, numbers, etc.  If they are going to just use something out of the regular inventory, then it would be available. 
Super Dave

xseal

I used Daytona specific Dunlops once. Bad decision, highsided in the horseshoe, tire was too hard for my skill/speed.

Now I race Pirelli. My experience is that unless you are racing a liter bike, or are AMA fast, you don't want Daytona specific compounds. We raced an SV in the team challenge using greens, and didn't have to change tires. If you're riding a 600 or less, and you're not fast enough to qualify for the 200, then I would just use greens and ask the Pirelli guy at the track what pressure to use.

2old2fat2slow

Quote from: xseal on January 06, 2008, 11:08:38 AM
I used Daytona specific Dunlops once. Bad decision, highsided in the horseshoe, tire was too hard for my skill/speed.

Now I race Pirelli. My experience is that unless you are racing a liter bike, or are AMA fast, you don't want Daytona specific compounds. We raced an SV in the team challenge using greens, and didn't have to change tires. If you're riding a 600 or less, and you're not fast enough to qualify for the 200, then I would just use greens and ask the Pirelli guy at the track what pressure to use.
Are the greens you refer to the sc3 compound I have heard that some people use in endurance races?
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

LMsports

Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

BlueRidgePerformance

SC2 are Green. We ran them for 8 hours on our 650 Kawi.
SC3 are yellow, and are dependent on track temp.
Kawasaki 650R Endurance Team Owner
2009 Sponsors: Cheetah Race Bodies,,Pitbull,Trackside Racers Supply,Traxxion Dynamics,Vesrah,Woodcraft