748 what classes

Started by 41jason41, January 04, 2008, 09:48:20 PM

41jason41

Hi, this is my first post.  What classes can you run with the 748 besides the middle weight or larger cc stuff? And is it a competitive bike in the smaller cc classes? Thnx

Jason748

It's also Thunderbike & Supertwins legal.  It's a bit on the overweight side, but with the right rider it can be competitive.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

backMARKr

Quote from: Jason748 on January 04, 2008, 11:29:58 PM
.... but with the right rider it can be competitive.

That would be someone who....hmmmm...doesn't fall down too much :kicknuts:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Jason748

CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR

LongDogRacing

i'll be riding mine in thunderbike and possibly some LW classes.  (it's a backup for my SV)
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

benprobst

Quote from: LongDogRacing on January 05, 2008, 10:55:53 AM
i'll be riding mine in thunderbike and possibly some LW classes.  (it's a backup for my SV)

A 748 is legal in LW classes? Thats news to me.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

garrettrick

there awesome in thunderbike with the right pilot. they seem to need alot of work to get it dialed in though...chris boy  kills t-bike on his 748 when he races and isnt cleaning his bikes...wheres that poking emoticon?

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: LongDogRacing on January 05, 2008, 10:55:53 AM

Ducati 748 is Thunderbike and above, no LW classes
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Ducmarc

it's legal in lightweight 40 also if your an old man like me

41jason41

Thnx, I have a chance to ride a 748 or a 800ss and I'm having trouble deciding which one. I thought the 748 might have an advantage in some classes. But it dosent seem so. What about the 800ss? Would that be a better choice?

LongDogRacing

whoops-- my mistake.  looks like i won't be running the duc in LW!  sorry gang.  (but i just might give it a go in TB!)
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

roadracer162

The 748 that i have ran against have been ultra-fast. Typically the 748 will turn faster times than the 800. Look at the times at Homestead in December. Fuentes #210 in Supertwins and Villa in Ultralight. The 748 is legal in Thunderbike and up, the 800 in Ultra-light and up.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

41jason41

So if you were racing in ultra-light would the 800ss be the bike to have? or would say an sv be better?

Jason748

Purely from a machine standpoint I'd say the 800SS will be more competive in ULW & LW classes than the 748 will be in middleweight on up.  The SV is not ULW legal...yet...
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR

roadracer162

depends on many things. From my perspective given a low budget to race, the SV would be the way to go. Villa (the #1 plate holder in Florida) on a 800 at Homestead runs equivalent to DeSouza on his SV650. Keep in mind that Villa was two weeks out of the hospital after being badly burnt.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

41jason41

The more I look into it the 800ss seems like the better option. I ride a 06 R6 right now so the 748 would only see duty in the thunder bike classes. I raced against Villa back in 06 he was fast then so he's prolly really cooking now. THnx all.