Just got an email from Trackaddix on the 2008 schedule:

April 25-27 Heartland Park Topeka - Combined Midwest, Great Plains, and ASRA

May 25 Mid America Motorplex - Combined Midwest, Great Plains

June 22 Motorsport Park Hastings

July 4-6 Road America - Combined Midwest, Great Plains, and ASRA

August 17 Gateway International Raceway

September 7 Motorsport Park Hastings - Combined Midwest, Great Plains

October 4-5 Mid America Motorplex - SuperBike Shootout
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

JonGu

Guess this means Barber is off the GP schedule?
Jon Gu
CCS AM #276
2006 R6 Blue / Black
2003 SV650 Blue / Silver

Burt Munro

Also doesn't show the May 31 - June 1 Hallet date.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Tornado Bait

They decided to drop Hallett all together and keep MAM in the rotation twice.  Not at all happy about that.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

benprobst

Looks decent, nice spacing at least. I hate MAM, and from the sounds of it, the pavement/pits keep getting worse. But it looks like its their home track, so I dont see it going anywhere. Anyway, does CCS contingency apply to great plains events?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

APP_Racing

Shame to see Barber off the schedule, that would have been an awesome combined event. 
I think CMRA races Hallet so might have to take a trip to run with them.

Hastings is a great place, be interested to see if it gets a MW draw.  Love the place its just so far away.
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

JonGu

Loving how there are no current conflicts between the GP and MW dates... I may just try to do a full season w/ both regions since I can't make up my mind which one I want to race :D
Jon Gu
CCS AM #276
2006 R6 Blue / Black
2003 SV650 Blue / Silver

Eric Kelcher

FYI CCS South will be at Hallet May 31-June 1

CCS Contingency sponsors pay at all CCS sanctioned events in the past and I would expect that to continue for 2008
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

BigJerm7

why don't they just run a combined event with south at hallett? 

no hallett, no barber, and only 7 races?  looks like it's back to cmra for me.  might do a ccs race here and there.

tzracer

Just because Hallett and Barber are not GP races doesn't mean you can't go.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

wolf44

I'm dissappointed about barber.  Yeah you can go to barber without it being on your schedule but its a lot of time and $$ that doesn't go towards anything if you're running for regional points.  Why isn't gateway a combined event with MW.  I think that is probably over half of the reason that they had such a big draw last year.  Hastings is fun but f-me, its so far away.  I highly doubt they'll be a lot of draw from the MW region as most of those guys are from Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin....that would really be a long way!  It is nice to see thunderbike back in the schedule.  That should be a bigger draw for the Buell guys to run the GP region and that will help bolster the LW grids as well.
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

Super Dave

And Hastings as a Midwest event?  Beaverun would be closer.  So would Grattan, Gingerman, Nashville...

Too bad about Hallett for GP.  Fun track.  Close to the center of the GP region at KC also.  Lots of existing racers south to that could be pulled in to crossing over. 
Super Dave

r1owner

Here is a CSV file with the CCS GP events that you can import into your Outlook Calendar.

I had to rename it to .txt so it would attach, but you can rename it to CSV and then import into your calendar.

Ducati23

QuoteFYI CCS South will be at Hallet May 31-June 1
I'll go to this race, I like Hallett and the Stevens are really good folks.

I'm very pleased with the GP schedule. This allows me to do some of the South races, about 1/2 of the MA races (I like to hang with my friend DR aka tOm once in awhile) this season on top of all the GP races.   :biggrin: :thumb:  

Nothing stopping anyone from racing outside your own region when there is an open date! IMO this seasons GP schedule is much better than last seasons. No Hallett in July/August isn't a bad thing - hot hot hot

CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Super Dave

Hot and windy is the attraction of Hallett in June, July, August, September.  Honestly, I think it's really too bad it's not on the GP schedule for you guys.  Not a bad drive, and if there's a place where you'd like to get some riders, it would be from Oklahoma.  Might allow them to think about coming to other GP venues.  But, it's done.  Enjoy!
Super Dave

Team Spalding

Was thinking about ASRA on both of those weekends. Not now I guess.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

GrecianFormula40

Also, Thunderbike is back! Come get your Buell money.
CCS EX GP #181

Team Spalding

Where did you see that Thunderbike is back?
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

mwsportsimaging

It was in the Trackaddix newsletter.

crimsoncloak

Are the Thunderbike class rules the same as before?  I.E.  Buells, F3, 748, etc?

Ducati23

CCS/ASRA #23
Ducati 848

PJ

Quote from: GrecianFormula40 on January 04, 2008, 01:26:03 PM
Also, Thunderbike is back! Come get your Buell money.

Whoo Hoo! Thanks Dean for bringing back Thunderbike!  :thumb:
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

jarelj

Jarel
General Manager
Ducati Omaha / TrackAddix
Ducati Omaha

Super Dave

In Thunderbike?  If so, an SV1000 would be too.
Super Dave

benprobst

Quote from: jarelj on January 05, 2008, 05:42:15 PM
1098 too!!! ;)

Seriously? an open class bike allowed in thunderbike? sounds scary.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

jarelj

Quote from: benprobst on January 05, 2008, 06:24:32 PM
Seriously? an open class bike allowed in thunderbike? sounds scary.

No, just giving Clayton a hard time, if he gets to race his "bone stock" 749 (cough.... cough......) in Thunderbike, then my 1098 might as well be allowed in too!
Jarel
General Manager
Ducati Omaha

benprobst

Quote from: jarelj on January 05, 2008, 10:44:18 PM
No, just giving Clayton a hard time, if he gets to race his "bone stock" 749 (cough.... cough......) in Thunderbike, then my 1098 might as well be allowed in too!

Ha, right on. I think I was right behind you for that picture in your avatar. Was that at MAM in october 2 years ago?
Home of the GSXR 565

Ducati23

QuoteNo, just giving Clayton a hard time, if he gets to race his "bone stock" 749 (cough.... cough......) in Thunderbike, then my 1098 might as well be allowed in too!

Well it does have a pipe and tuning but it is still dog slow, at least with me on it.  :wah:  DR you cannot race a SV1000 in TB, sorry pal. ::)  I am glad 749's are finally allowed. 

Ben P, is your dad Dave or Dan? I raced with both those guys 20+ years ago. I think that pic of Jarel was at MAM in turn 13 about Oct 06, he looked like the guy from Laugh-in on the tricycle. (probably too far back in time for most of the listers here to know about)  :cheers: 
CCS/ASRA #23
Ducati 848

crimsoncloak

I heard that only people who ride to Starbucks on Sundays and read Dostoevsky hard backs in an obvious manner ride 749s.  All those poor Thunderbikers with old dusty F3s have to run against Clayton now.

benprobst

Quote from: Ducati23 on January 06, 2008, 12:53:53 PM
Ben P, is your dad Dave or Dan? I raced with both those guys 20+ years ago. I think that pic of Jarel was at MAM in turn 13 about Oct 06, he looked like the guy from Laugh-in on the tricycle. (probably too far back in time for most of the listers here to know about)  :cheers: 

My dad is Dave. And yeah I was righ behind Jarel when he did that, we were just cruising around with the experts when it started to rain, I was lucky as I had a pre-arranged signal worked out with my uncle if it started raining, I came out of the corner and there he was jumping up and down patting his head on pit lane, I slowed down immediatly going into the braking zone and in the next corner there went spooner sliding off and jarel not far behind.
Home of the GSXR 565

jarelj

Quote from: benprobst on January 06, 2008, 07:40:46 PM
My dad is Dave. And yeah I was righ behind Jarel when he did that, we were just cruising around with the experts when it started to rain, I was lucky as I had a pre-arranged signal worked out with my uncle if it started raining, I came out of the corner and there he was jumping up and down patting his head on pit lane, I slowed down immediatly going into the braking zone and in the next corner there went spooner sliding off and jarel not far behind.

No, you're thinking of Shun on his SV crashing in the rain, that pic of me testing the traction in the grass at Turn 13 is from a TrackAddix track day two years go.  I got a wierd tank slapper in turn 12 due to my front tire hitting my mis-mounted lower fairing, and I literally tank-slapped my way down to about 10 MPH before my front tire slipped off the edge of the pavement into the grass and the bike fell over.  I finished that race in the rain in 2nd or 3rd place (can't remember which) on my Ninja 650, and I remember seeing Shun and Spooner laying in the mud!
Jarel
General Manager
Ducati Omaha

gonecrazy

whats up with the ccs site? anyway i believe the south region is still running hallett, i am not going to be region dependent this year.

benprobst

Quote from: jarelj on January 06, 2008, 09:29:49 PM
No, you're thinking of Shun on his SV crashing in the rain, that pic of me testing the traction in the grass at Turn 13 is from a TrackAddix track day two years go.  I got a wierd tank slapper in turn 12 due to my front tire hitting my mis-mounted lower fairing, and I literally tank-slapped my way down to about 10 MPH before my front tire slipped off the edge of the pavement into the grass and the bike fell over.  I finished that race in the rain in 2nd or 3rd place (can't remember which) on my Ninja 650, and I remember seeing Shun and Spooner laying in the mud!

Ohh ok, Yeah that was an intresting race. I ended up second and Brock won, that was the most slipery track i have ever been on. I remember starting to go up the inside of Jack on the brakes when the back end started coming around just from letting the clutch out, I was like screw this I just need to finish this damn thing. Sadly that was about the only race I finished that weekend.  :biggrin:
Home of the GSXR 565

Spooner

Yeah I remember seeing your uncle pointing to the sky before I tipped it into the right hander-I thought 'hey this isn't so BAAAADDDDD!!!'
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

Ducati23

Nick,

MAM is your lucky track!  :banghead:  Why do you test the pavement quality so often?  :lmao:  Sorry man just kidding. Why don't you get a LW bike and have fun racing again? We'd like to have another fast guy join the fun. Talked to Anthony & Dan today, is it time to race yet. I hate winter...

CCS/ASRA #23
Ducati 848