NEED Ducati 1000 SS engine!!!

Started by apriliaman, January 03, 2008, 03:35:29 PM

apriliaman

my engine blew up on my 2005 ducati 1000 ss and want to know if anyone knows where i can get another one,cause this one is really is not rebuildable.It can be but it will cost as much as i can get another bike.So any one let me know.THANKS  MARK
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Ducmarc

call chris boy   954 608 0350    the crank is the hard part if its not cracked i've had corse cranks ground and used honda bearings everything else is nuts and bolts

SVbadguy

What happened?

Maybe you should just put that SV back together. :biggrin:
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

apriliaman

i was at jennings riding real good and the bike was running real strong.The last sesion of the day it blew up going about 7k in 5th gear.The wrist pin of the piston broke off and destroyed everything inside,maybe the front cylinder os ok but that is it.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

George_Linhart

I had the same thing happen to me a year and a half ago.  Wrist pin on the verticle cylinder - right?  We were able to rebuild mine.  If the case and crank are salvageable the rest of the parts can be found.  If you need an entire motor - good luck.  I tried to just get a new engine and financially it would have made more sense to just buy a used street bike.  These motors are tough to come by...

Get carillo rods when you re-build.  A little more expensive but much stronger!

Jason748

You tired The Duc Shop yet, or long shot but maybe try the Ducati.ms forum, someone there might have one or know of one.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

proechel539

Geuss I can scratch that one off the list of future race bikes! Good luck with the rebuild Mark. Sorry to hear that.
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net