Class Help Please

Started by kneedragger88, December 31, 2007, 05:47:09 PM

kneedragger88

Ok here goes. First let me say I have been all over the CCS site trying to find a rule book to answer my own questions however it was all but useless. Well either that or I am a loon?
I will be in Daytona for the Moto-St race and wanted to maybe pick up a race or two from CCS.
I will have my SV1000 as well as a 94 ZX7/9 to use. I am 43 and hold a Canadian Pro license. Just wondering where I might fit in the CCS fold.
Any clarification would be helpful.

SV88

The SV1000 is legal in Supertwins and Unlimited although not competitive in the last one.  For a definitive answer, check out ccsracing.com under the forms - 2008 rules.

I'm from Montreal!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

kneedragger88

I saw all that stuff but it doesnt tell you what bikes for what class etc. It just lists the classes? Damn confusing.
I figured I could run the SV but to be honest my focus is Moto-ST so I am not to anxious to risk the bike before the ST race. After is cool though :) I was more thinking the 7/9 in maybe the geezer class being that I am an official geezer. Is there any antique racing in CCS?
Is there an online rulebook anywhere? I dont want to be the guy in line asking all these questions at registration holding everyone else up. I hate that guy :)

tzracer

The SV1000 is also eligible for F40 - depending upon modifications.

ZX7/9 - guessing that it has the 900cc engine would be eligible for unlimited classes. Otherwise 750s are heavyweight.

No CCS has no vintage classes.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

SV1000's are legal in Heavyweight Supersport and Heavyweight Superbike also, again depending upon modifications.  I think a MotoST dry break tank might make it a Superbike even if the rest was Supersport, but I'm honestly not sure.

Most likely, with MotoST rules, you're gonna be pretty much supersport, I would think.  It's not hard to make 115HP with the bike stock, and you can't change much for MotoST.

A ZX7 chassis with a ZX9 motor is probably only going to be legal in Unlimited Grand Prix where there are very open rules.  I'd have to read Superbike rules and know more about the change.  I think if you're using a complete ZX9 motor, you'd be in ULGP, and if you were just replacing cylinders and the head, probably could run in ULSB. 

Hopefully, that helps a bit.

Super Dave

kneedragger88

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: tzracer on January 01, 2008, 10:41:09 AM
No CCS has no vintage classes.

We used to have an unofficial one. But they changed it to Thunderbike.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod