News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Racing at VIR

Started by 104fahl, December 26, 2007, 08:55:10 PM

104fahl

During the '08 season I am planning on taking a trip to race at VIR. I want to go there in June for the Festival of Speed. I have heard many good things about that track and I think it would be awsome to race there. I just want to know everyones thoughts and opinions (good and bad) about the track and facilities.  :thumb:

honda60071

Great, camp in the paddock, electric there, showers, 15 Min's from town alot hotels near.  Track is great a little bit of everthing, pretty fast. I go there at least 4 or 5 times a year. You will want to go back in Sept.
Shawn

rcaron

VIR is a great track.  The facilities are very good.  Danville (the nearest city) has a number of hotels to stay at.  Camping at the track is in the paddock.  Electric power is available throughout the paddock.  I try to go there as many times!

PJ721

a really great track...everything is top notch...camping fees went up this year - but stil cheaper than a hotel. One of (if not my favorite) track
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

rogers1323

It's my favorite, and what I consider my home, track.  As everyone has said, it has great facilities.  Probably the cleanest bathrooms and showers you'll find all year.  The camping did go up, but it's still pretty cheap compared to a hotel.  But they have the Inn and Turn 17 Suites available for hotel rooms on site if you'd like that.  Book those early if you want them, they go fast.  The track has some of everything and is very technical.  It's can be a little hard to learn, but isn't too intimidating.  I think it's the most fun track on the schedule that I've been to.  I hope to race there at least 4, maybe 5 times next year.

eightonezero

My favorite track as well. Safe and fast.  Facilities are second to none.  If you soldiered through pooping at Summit (while having all the spiders and cobwebs watching you, as you reach for the paper thin toilet paper), VIR will feel like a Marriott.  I actually drank from the bathroom sink one summer

d-wire

Ive been once and it is my favorite track.  Its all been said, clean facilities,good places to view from for the spectators.

.....but most importantly the track is amazing.  It has fast stuff,hard braking,tight stuff, technical,off camber stuff....blind apex corners.  Its awesome. 
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

fatboy122

Garywc

I think it compares to Road America, if your from that region. it is probably the best track that we run in the mid Atlantic region.
having 3 crashes there and one breaking parts of my pelvis in the last one, I still love racing that there
camping is great like stated before. but the best part is the go carts after the races
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

DragonSlayer

I love VIR..took my school with Learning Curves there in 04. can't wait til March to get back out there

2old2fat2slow

They have Garage Suites on the north course that are cheap compared to most hotels. You can work on your bike all night if need be. Huge,clean garages with living quarters directly above your garage. We did several track days last year and are looking forward to racing there this year.
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

stickboy274

I think the place is kewl, but I've won some races there, and that tends to help your outlook on a track
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing