News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona Spring or Fall?

Started by Toves33, December 22, 2007, 02:23:28 AM

Garywc

Quote from: steelcityracer on December 25, 2007, 10:47:13 AM
I would choose spring because of the points.

i would agree its the first points for most regions plus its is something to do when it is still cold out at home
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

d-wire

I would go to the spring event.  It counts for points, and the track is more fun IMHO.  That layout is pretty cool
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

honda60071

who's going, I want to but not really  sure about camping down  there can't seem to find anything on it? Hotels I'm sure are going to be out right stupid! And with going to do team hammer practice plus tires gas food we all know the details. Anyone give me some insight?
Shawn

Toves33

You should even check on hotels outside the immediate area of Daytona. The rates should be less the further away you stay. It sucks that Daytona does not allow camping.

GSXR RACER MIKE

We always stay close, about 2 miles from the track, the added convenience is such a huge advantage. If you figure it out with the cost of fuel now days driving very far out of town with your tow vehicle throws away the economic advantage of a cheaper hotel rate very quickly. Staying close and splitting a room makes the cost difference actually quite small (about $10 per night each from what I figured in our case). Being able to literally go from the hotel to the track in about 5 minutes is so convenient, you can go there at anytime during the day if you want or need to. This adds up to getting more sleep, less time wasted traveling, and your close to everything.

As far as camping at the track goes, Eric Kelcher (with CCS) had mentioned that tent camping was included with your race entry previously, I'm not sure if they have confirmed that for 2008 or not?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

rogers1323

There is a ton of camping allowed at Daytona.  They just charge for it.  And there are different rates for different areas.  You just need to contact the speedway for prices and dates.  Or like Mike says, talk to Eric and see what info he has.

honda60071

thanks, any of you going and are you staying in hotels if so have you already made your reservation yet?
Shawn

Eric Kelcher

I will be confirming the free tent camping when I get back to the office.

In regards to motels I will again this year try to get deals arranged for Motels at all the tracks as I did last year. I will start a separate thread on that as I would like a littleinput before finalizing all the deals.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Garywc

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

honda60071

just nightly rates wed,thurs,fri,sat. I guess this is how long most racers will stay, right?
Shawn